Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-10-2013, 03:19 AM   #1
DRMMR76
DRMMR76 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Personal Docs on the PC

Is there any way to view personal docs on the PC and sync them to Kindle/Android devices? I have The Kindle for PC app, the Kindle Windows 8 Metro app and Kindle Cloud reader. None of them support personal documents. I have a bunch of mobi books that I can send to my Android device or my Kindle Paperwhite (when it gets here) but if you send them instead of buying them from Amazon, they are counted as personal documents and not ebooks.

So is there any app, workaround, third party reader, etc that can sync to Amazons personal documents on their cloud server and all viewing, bookmarking, last page sync on the PC as well as Kindle devices and Android apps.

It seems really like a huge screw up on Amazon's part to disable personal document syncing to all three of their PC Kindle services (Cloud Reader, Kindle for Win8 Metro, and Kindle for PC).
DRMMR76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
If you use a Send to Kindle app you can upload your docs to your Amazon account and sync them across devices.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
If you use a Send to Kindle app you can upload your docs to your Amazon account and sync them across devices.
They don't show up in the PC or Cloud apps though. I thought they used to, but it's not working when I just tried it.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
They don't show up in the PC or Cloud apps though. I thought they used to, but it's not working when I just tried it.
They did sync to PC/Mac apps in the past, but not any more. I'm not sure why Amazon got rid of this ability, but they did. It makes me mad because it was easier to review highlighting and notes on the PC/Mac apps.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Well, that sucks.

Quote:
Reading your documents and web content on Kindle is now easier than ever. Use Send to Kindle applications to read on your Kindle devices and free reading apps on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #6
JFHey
Enthusiast
JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: KT, PW2, KO2
there might be a workaround: you can use Bluestacks, which is a free Android emulator for Mac and Windows. In it, you can install the Kindle for Android app.

I read somewhere that it did work in Windows, however it doesn't on a Mac. The Kindle app just won't start within Bluestacks :-(

If you found any alternative solutions in the meantime, please let me know!
JFHey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I guess the argument is that if you're using "Send to PC", then you already have the document on your PC, so you don't need to use K4PC to read it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #8
JFHey
Enthusiast
JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
you already have the document on your PC, so you don't need to use K4PC to read it.
True, but then there is no way of processing any highlights that you made on K4PC, next to renouncing whispersync.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #9
JFHey
Enthusiast

update: I got the Kindle for Android app running on my mac, with the "Genymotion" android emulator.

How to do this:
-install genymotion
-install Android Developer Toolkit
-install "ARM Translation" on your VM
-either install google play on your VM or copy the Kindle.apk directly into your emulated Android tablet!

Voila, Personal Documents and whispersync on your Mac.