Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 03-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #16
borisb
Edge User

I just took at look at the Inkling, and seems to me it's all software - otherwise it's just yet another tablet. As such, there's nothing from Apple producing the same or better app, or that app being available on any device, be it Android or Windows.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #17
ubergeek
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
I just took at look at the Inkling, and seems to me it's all software - otherwise it's just yet another tablet. As such, there's nothing from Apple producing the same or better app, or that app being available on any device, be it Android or Windows.
It's an Ipad only application.... and that is what bugs me.. all the Kool-aid drink Apple fan boy single minded application development.

Advert
Old 03-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #18
freemanjr
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyjack View Post
I'm pretty sure that is what I will be getting as well...I wonder if it will have voice capability on Sprint?
I will most certainly buy this when it comes to t-mobile later this year. However, from my reading of the HTC site it doesn't look like it will have voice capability at least for now on the Sprint network. It would be a HUGE plus if it did.

http://www.htc.com/us/products/evoview-sprint

"Function following form

A tablet is not a phone. So why do so many tablets look like phones when they start up? Android 2.3 with HTC Sense on the EVO View 4G™ reimagines a user experience to reflect the 7 screen size and the enviable capabilities its hardware allows. Making typing easier, going through mail faster, while seamlessly staying in touch with the people and news that matter most to you"

Old 03-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #19
cheyennedonna
Edge User

The thing about Tablets with Google Products and market is - Google Chat allows call phones - for free in the US; and if people call your Google voice number your device rings. It does not matter if the tablet has a phone number.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:44 PM   #20
freemanjr
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
The thing about Tablets with Google Products and market is - Google Chat allows call phones - for free in the US; and if people call your Google voice number your device rings. It does not matter if the tablet has a phone number.
I'm not familiar with Google Chat and can't seem to find it on the Google site under "More". I'm assuming it will not work on our EE's ? I do use Google Voice on my EE but I don't see a way for people to call my Google Voice number and have it "ring" by EE. I do have Google Voice on my EE and I can have it make a call for me where it rings my phone (cell, home, etc) and after I pick up it dials the person I'm wising to call.

I'm quite intrique with this Google Chat though. Could you expand on how it might work with either the EE and or the new HTC View? Whereby I can make calls and have people "ring" my tablet. TIA.

Advert