Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 03:31 PM   #16
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
What about the cover that one can buy as an option? I didn't see this available for purchase from PocketBook EReader's website.

Is that the best place to order the ebook?

Don
Well, it is available in Germany but not yet in the US, but it is supposed to be available in January. I don't know what's the best place to order on the other side of the pond.....
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:45 PM   #17
graypal
graypal began at the beginning.

Device: cybook opus, kindle paperwhite
Hi. I just bought an opus and it was delivered yesterday. I was concerned about the freezing, but I liked the design and button layout of the opus.

It has the new firmware and I have tried to make it freeze by just keeping on opening and closing books and changing pages loads and so far its been rock solid.

I must say that I personally am very happy with it. Its my first dedicated ebook reader, I used to read them on my PDA and it is a massive difference, but I can see why so many people would be down on them if they have older firmware versions and keep waiting for an update.

AS far as I am concerned my friends have the old sony 505 and the newer touch screen one, and I would rather have the opus as its a bit smaller and more portable, but for me the 5" screen is fine.

Grray.
graypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 07:57 PM   #18
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
What about the cover that one can buy as an option? I didn't see this available for purchase from PocketBook EReader's website.

Is that the best place to order the ebook?

Don
Just ask Forkosigan. He's a member here and manager of Pocketbook Germany. So I think he's the one I'd turn to and ask how (and where) to order it in the US.

And, though I favored the PB 360 for quite some time (I even did the first preview test), I finally gave in and bought the Opus for them french curves. No who says eBook readers can't be sexy ...?
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote