Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-09-2008, 07:35 PM   #1
dicky
dicky began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten T2
Converting Files for the Cybook

Hi Guys

I decided on my new ebook reader, its going to be the Cybook. I have a lot of Mobireader books in my library which is great but I also have a lot of Palm books, many of which I havent read yet.

Please could someone explain to me how I can convert the Palm format books to read in Mobipocket on the Cybook, as I would hate not to be able to read them, and once the Cybook comes I know I wont want to use the Palm to read them on. What programme do I need to use to convert etc?

Thanks for your help

dicky
dicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:38 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicky View Post
Hi Guys

I decided on my new ebook reader, its going to be the Cybook. I have a lot of Mobireader books in my library which is great but I also have a lot of Palm books, many of which I havent read yet.

Please could someone explain to me how I can convert the Palm format books to read in Mobipocket on the Cybook, as I would hate not to be able to read them, and once the Cybook comes I know I wont want to use the Palm to read them on. What programme do I need to use to convert etc?

Thanks for your help

dicky
I may be wrong, but I really don't think it is possible. It was my thought that eReader books were encryped using the users credit card number and name, and that you enter your credit card number into your reader so it can decrypt the book. However, if it was a known encryption method with a known key the books would be easy to decrypt. But, there must be more to it than that.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2008, 07:53 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If these are encrypted eReader ebooks then see eReader Decoder Tool. The resulting HTML might be readable directly on the Cybook, but I would convert it to MOBI using either Windows MobiPocket Creator or html2mobi.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:19 AM   #4
dicky

Excellent, thanks wallcraft will download the decoder tool and give it a go. I'll be straight back to you if I have trouble.

Thanks for your comments Bob.

Cheers guys
Dicky
Old 05-12-2008, 10:23 PM   #5
dicky

Hi, I think I must be really dumb because I dont understand any of this, I have no clue where to start, must be a girl thing LOL (no offense to the "technical clever ladies" out there.

Would someone please be kind enough to tell me how to convert a palm book to mobi step by step but in real dummies terms because I can guarantee I wont get it unless you do.

I feel really embarrased that I dont understand it but my desire to read outweighs my embarrasment over asking how its done

Thanks ever so much.

Dicky
Advert
Old 05-12-2008, 11:16 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The eReader Decoder Tool thread is about as explicit as we can be here (see posts #34, #16). It is for eReader files encoded with your credit card number. If the first problem is getting python to work see the discussion in Mobidedrm - How the heck do you use it??.

The result should be a HTML file, which you can check by double clicking on it (to open it on your web browser).
Old 05-13-2008, 02:27 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Before we can help you we need to know what Palm format your books are in. PalmDoc? iSilo? eReader? Something else? There are lots of different eBook formats which can be read on the Palm.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:41 AM   #8
dicky

Hi Harry

My books are in eReader format.

Thanks Wallcraft, will check out those links.

Cheers
dicky
Old 05-13-2008, 03:16 PM   #9
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
I know this is probably not the *best* place for it, but - when I did my googling to find the scripts, it looks like they go to expired links. Can anybody confirm that they're no longer live?
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 04:39 PM   #10
wallcraft
reader

Posts #34 and #36 to the eReader Decoder Tool thread still seem to be effective.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:33 PM   #11
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
Oh! Thank you!
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:07 PM   #12
dicky

Im still having trouble, I downloaded the python programme and tried to make it work but I cant do it think I have to face facts im not upto the job!

Anyway thanks for all your help its appreciated.

dicky