Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-05-2009, 03:27 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Compiled Sigil

Just dropping a line to let you know that I downloaded Sigil and now that the compilation is consolidated under cmake, it compiles and runs great here.
The executable you have on your website, however, does not work.
Are you using AMD64 or i686 Ubuntu?
I uploaded my compilation for your testing pleasure.

I really should read changelogs more, it's 0.1.1:
Quote:
Sigil v0.1.1 <ADD DATE>

- choosing 'cancel' in TOC editor now no longer forces the views to update

- fixed bug with new headings getting existing IDs. (issue #36)

- printing support! new file menu actions: "print" and "print preview"

- fixed an issue when sometimes switching between views didn't enable/disable appropriate actions

- fixed an issue with mixed-up CSS classes on Mac and Linux (issue #16)

- added line numbering for Code View (issue #9)

- added current line highlighting for Code View

- fixed crashed bug with some calibre generated epubs (issue #16)
Attached Files
File Type: gz sigil_0.1.0_amd64.tar.gz (600.2 KB, 823 views)

Last edited by AprilHare; 08-05-2009 at 03:46 AM. Reason: moar
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:46 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I ought to give compiling it up under Mac OS X a go. Hopefully this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Just dropping a line to let you know that I downloaded Sigil and now that the compilation is consolidated under cmake, it compiles and runs great here.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2009, 07:27 AM   #3
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I'll push changes meant for 0.1.1 on the task tracker to 0.1.2 and release 0.1.1 ASAP. There were some critical bugs in the first release that should be distributed quickly.

In the future, please don't quote the live changelog directly, but link to it. It is changing from day to day (if not hour to hour), and I don't want someone looking at an old version.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Are you using AMD64 or i686 Ubuntu?
This was the issue then. I'm using i686.

In the future, Linux people should compile from source until I start providing debs. And even then. Zipped source releases will be provided when new versions come out.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:39 AM   #5
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
This was the issue then. I'm using i686.

In the future, Linux people should compile from source until I start providing debs. And even then. Zipped source releases will be provided when new versions come out.
Yes I heartily agree wrt compiling. It's fast enough to compile here.
Quote:
I'll push changes meant for 0.1.1 on the task tracker to 0.1.2 and release 0.1.1 ASAP. There were some critical bugs in the first release that should be distributed quickly.

In the future, please don't quote the live changelog directly, but link to it. It is changing from day to day (if not hour to hour), and I don't want someone looking at an old version.
Apologies - how do I link to it in future?
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 07:28 AM   #6
Valloric

Quote:
Apologies - how do I link to it in future?
Use this link: http://sigil.googlecode.com/hg/ChangeLog.txt
Old 08-06-2009, 07:34 PM   #7
AprilHare
Wizard

I just compiled sigil 0.1.2 and that looks great too
I'll refrain from posting it though, given that it's far too easy to compile.
Used following commands to compile:
Quote:
hg clone https://sigil.googlecode.com/hg/ sigil
cd sigil
cmake .
make
and the executable ends up in sigil/bin for your executing pleasure..
Old 08-06-2009, 07:50 PM   #8
Valloric

Quote:
I'll refrain from posting it though, given that it's far too easy to compile.
I'm glad to hear this. I pissed blood while trying to beat CMake into submission, but it's finally paying off.

Quote:
Used following commands to compile:
You're missing a generator for CMake, no? Huh, there's a default. Good to know.

Quote:
and the executable ends up in sigil/bin for your executing pleasure..
Do note that there is an install target for linux now. You can follow up the build with "sudo make install" and Sigil will hop on over to /usr/local/bin.

Last edited by Valloric; 08-06-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:59 AM   #9
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
I'm glad to hear this. I pissed blood while trying to beat CMake into submission, but it's finally paying off.
You really should have that checked out.. Yes indeed it does pay!

Quote:
You're missing a generator for CMake, no? Huh, there's a default. Good to know.
Yes, specifying . does well.

Quote:
Do note that there is an install target for linux now. You can follow up the build with "sudo make install" and Sigil will hop on over to /usr/local/bin.
Yes I do need to get around to installing Sigil soon
Old 08-07-2009, 02:10 AM   #10
AprilHare
Wizard

In the 'whinging compiler' file:
Quote:
/home/aprilhare/Desktop/tempomatic9000/sigil/src/tidyLib/localize.c: In function ‘prvTidyReportAccessWarning’:
/home/aprilhare/Desktop/tempomatic9000/sigil/src/tidyLib/localize.c:1376: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
/home/aprilhare/Desktop/tempomatic9000/sigil/src/tidyLib/localize.c: In function ‘prvTidyReportAccessError’:
/home/aprilhare/Desktop/tempomatic9000/sigil/src/tidyLib/localize.c:1383: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
/home/aprilhare/Desktop/tempomatic9000/sigil/src/tidyLib/localize.c: In function ‘prvTidyReportWarning’:
/home/aprilhare/Desktop/tempomatic9000/sigil/src/tidyLib/localize.c:1402: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
/home/aprilhare/Desktop/tempomatic9000/sigil/src/tidyLib/localize.c: In function ‘prvTidyReportError’:
/home/aprilhare/Desktop/tempomatic9000/sigil/src/tidyLib/localize.c:1483: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
/home/aprilhare/Desktop/tempomatic9000/sigil/src/tidyLib/localize.c:1502: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
/home/aprilhare/Desktop/tempomatic9000/sigil/src/tidyLib/localize.c: In function ‘prvTidyReportFatal’:
/home/aprilhare/Desktop/tempomatic9000/sigil/src/tidyLib/localize.c:1551: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
/home/aprilhare/Desktop/tempomatic9000/sigil/src/Sigil/main.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
/home/aprilhare/Desktop/tempomatic9000/sigil/src/Sigil/main.cpp:28: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
Old 08-07-2009, 08:00 AM   #11
Valloric

Quote:
In the 'whinging compiler' file:
Yes, I know. I'm more than a little reluctant to go "hunting whanings" in code I didn't write, like tidyLib. I could get around to it some day.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:07 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Where do we get 0.1.2? The site only shows 0.1.1. Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:22 AM   #13
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Where do we get 0.1.2? The site only shows 0.1.1. Thanks.
He is building from trunk. The trunk becomes the next version (0.1.2) when the current version is released (0.1.1).

So he's not really running 0.1.2, just some features that are going to be a part of it. 0.1.2 is still a "work in progress".
Old 08-07-2009, 08:27 AM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
He is building from trunk. The trunk becomes the next version (0.1.2) when the current version is released (0.1.1).

So he's not really running 0.1.2, just some features that are going to be a part of it. 0.1.2 is still a "work in progress".
Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #15
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Thanks.
It's just me, living on the edge, building from trunk..
Besides, I need to compile from source; I am a AMD64 user and the i686 binaries won't work (no i686 libraries here, no siree).

Last edited by AprilHare; 08-07-2009 at 08:07 PM. Reason: moar