Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #3091
fyrogenesis
Undead
fyrogenesis began at the beginning.

Device: Omnia, Kindle 3, Dell Streak, Asus TF101, iPad 2 3g 64gb, Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Some book types (such as pdf) may have an image of the original page, not the characters of the page.

Mention what file types the font hack does not change for you.
oh thanks. i think this is because of the new kf8 format thing. i didnt read through.
fyrogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #3092
sieg66
sieg66 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hello everyone,

The kindle hack wiki page led me here because i want to change the screensaver timeout and we can read there : "The updated version of this hack can be found in the Fonts & ScreenSavers hacks for Kindles".

But I have read the first threads and don't find anything about it. Moreover I can't find easy solution in other threads of the forum, especially because I don't really understand/want to use script or other complicated things. So is it possible to simply change the screensaver timeout with only the jailbreak installed and screensavers hack ?
sieg66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #3093
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The line you quoted almost always means attached to post #1 of the thread.

OR
somewhere between post #2 and post #3091
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #3094
sieg66
sieg66 began at the beginning.

Oh thanks The main thing I want to know is : is it possible to change the timeout with a simple update (or by adding a file), or have I to use usbnet, launcher, script etc ?

Last edited by sieg66; 05-10-2013 at 05:45 PM.
sieg66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #3095
hornpipe2
hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Amazon Kindle
FYI the "info.txt" files installed into linkss, linkfonts, and usbnet on my k2i appear to be one revision number behind. Either the txt files weren't updated, or the hacks weren't actually rebuilt for k2i : )

Code:
$Id: info.txt 8966 2012-11-20 16:57:20Z NiLuJe $

Hello! If you're wondering what all this weird stuff on your Kindle is,
I'm a screen savers hack! There's a good chance that I came from here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88004

I'm at version 0.33.N, so, if you wish to uninstall me, you'll at least need
the uninstaller from that version.

-- NiLuJe
EDIT: Also, is there an info.txt anywhere for standard Jailbreak that will show the installed revision?
hornpipe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #3096
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
He might have just missed the file.
Happens.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #3097
kite444
kite444 is no e-book dilettante.kite444 is no e-book dilettante.kite444 is no e-book dilettante.kite444 is no e-book dilettante.kite444 is no e-book dilettante.kite444 is no e-book dilettante.kite444 is no e-book dilettante.kite444 is no e-book dilettante.kite444 is no e-book dilettante.kite444 is no e-book dilettante.kite444 is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle4NT
Hi all.
I have a problem with the ss hack.
While doing a restart I get an error 3 message.
I have K4NT.
Its jail broken
I have python installed.
Any help appreciated.
So for the noob post.
kite444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #3098
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kite444 View Post
Hi all.
I have a problem with the ss hack.
While doing a restart I get an error 3 message.
I have K4NT.
Its jail broken
I have python installed.
Any help appreciated.
So for the noob post.
If you are sure you are using the correct .bin file for your device, make sure you are disconnecting your decive from USB and then using the menu-> settings-> update your kindle... and NOT a restart. If that doesn't work, try redownloading your hack files in case they are corrupt. Good luck!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #3099
kite444
kite444 is no e-book dilettante.kite444 is no e-book dilettante.kite444 is no e-book dilettante.kite444 is no e-book dilettante.kite444 is no e-book dilettante.kite444 is no e-book dilettante.kite444 is no e-book dilettante.kite444 is no e-book dilettante.kite444 is no e-book dilettante.kite444 is no e-book dilettante.kite444 is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
If you are sure you are using the correct .bin file for your device, make sure you are disconnecting your decive from USB and then using the menu-> settings-> update your kindle... and NOT a restart. If that doesn't work, try redownloading your hack files in case they are corrupt. Good luck!
Thanks an update has sorted the problem.

Now to design some personal screens.

Thanks
kite444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #3100
Yasen6275
Yasen6275 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi
Is there a way to activate usbnet trough console command or lounchpad shortcut?
Yasen6275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #3101
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasen6275 View Post
Please explain what made you think that exactly this thread is the correct place to ask this question.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #3102
Yasen6275

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Please explain what made you think that exactly this thread is the correct place to ask this question.
And how our post helps me to :
a) get information i need,
b) ask the question in "right" palce?

Last edited by Yasen6275; 06-01-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #3103
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
And how our post helps me to :
a) get information i need,
b) ask the question in "right" palce?
A better approach than this one -

1) Start a new thread for the question if you can't find one; and
2) Never pick a fight with the forum moderator.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #3104
al3bsi
al3bsi began at the beginning.

i tired to remove jailbreak form my DX us ver.

I test same jailbreak but not work

firmware : 2.5.2 + ufh 0.3 + ss 0.4

model : kindle dx us B004

how can
al3bsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:09 AM   #3105
Yasen6275

Quote:
Code:
/mnt/us/usbnet/bin/usbnetwork
This is the script which toggles usbnet on and off. Can be used with some terminal emulator like myts.

Code:
[Actions]

## toggle usbnetwrk on/ff
Shift U = !/mnt/us/usbnet/bin/usbnetwork
This is examplary usbnet.ini for lounchpad.

Tested and working on Kindle 3 with 3.4 firmware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
A better approach than this one -

1) Start a new thread for the question if you can't find one; and
2) Never pick a fight with the forum moderator.
1. I dont think this the right way of using forum. But if this is the way how things are done here ok.
2. Obviously here(like everywhere) moderators are persons who "earned" themself the right to do things for ehich others are pnished.

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet