Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-14-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
betavita
betavita began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone
rename file in calibre library

Hi
I have couple of files which I want to rename.
Is there any option where I can rename those files?
I tried to rename in explorer but Calibre created new file with old name.

Thanks
betavita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The naming standard used in the internal Calibre library filestore is not adjustable by users. There is a sticky about this at the top of the forum. The filename will always reflect the author and Title set in Calibre metadata.

You can control the naming convention to be used when exporting files by setting the appropriate naming mask.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2012, 02:43 AM   #3
betavita
betavita began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone
Hi
I wanted to change the name because there are commas in some filenames. When I click 'v' to open a file i get error that no program is associated. those files have pdf extension.
I am opening them now by clicking 'clik to open' path and then drag to pdf reader.

how i can make sure that pdf always open in my pdf reader?

thanks
betavita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:49 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by betavita View Post
Hi
I wanted to change the name because there are commas in some filenames. When I click 'v' to open a file i get error that no program is associated. those files have pdf extension.
I am opening them now by clicking 'clik to open' path and then drag to pdf reader.
There will only be commas in the name if you have commas in the title or author fields. Having said that this has never caused me a problem as comma is a valid character to have in a file name.
Quote:
how i can make sure that pdf always open in my pdf reader?
In the Calibre preferences you can set for each file type whether Calibre should try and use its own internal viewer or the system viewer for that file type.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:09 AM   #5
Bksfinest
Bksfinest began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet w/ E-Ink :)
Can you rename from filename in bulk

I know Calibre stores files in its own library, but I have all the info stored in File names (isbn, title, author etc).

I want to rename batches of pdf and ebook files that are too long in name to be transfered to my ext. hd. I have never used Calibre. Mediamonkey has an option in their program to rename files based on filename<>tags to filename in any direction. It is an awesome program and can be done in bulk. Even has a file tree system in the interface
Bksfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert