Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What team will win the Cup?
Portugal 5 6.02%
England 4 4.82%
Italy 2 2.41%
Netherlands 4 4.82%
Spain 11 13.25%
Germany 15 18.07%
Slovenia 2 2.41%
France 2 2.41%
Greece 0 0%
Switzerland 1 1.20%
Serbia 1 1.20%
Slovakia 0 0%
Brazil 6 7.23%
Argentinia 5 6.02%
Chile 0 0%
Paraguay 0 0%
Mexico 2 2.41%
USA 6 7.23%
Honduras 0 0%
South Africa 0 0%
Algeria 0 0%
Ivory Coast 0 0%
Ghana 1 1.20%
Cameroon 0 0%
Australia 3 3.61%
Japan 2 2.41%
North Korea 1 1.20%
South Korea 1 1.20%
New Zealand 2 2.41%
none of the above 7 8.43%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2010, 11:08 AM   #91
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
well, since it's so important to you...

Ha!!!!!!! That's MUCH better, thank you!!!!
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:10 AM   #92
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Busy?! A show?! How can you be busy and watching a SHOW when your country needs you? Oh wait... it was a football ballet, right? That would be the only excuse

well, really it was a marionnette show (she just finished her school to learn to be a marionnettiste) based on boris vian. hilarious. but if it makes you happy we can pretend it was your football ballet.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #93
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
This cat and mouse game is getting on my nerves...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #94
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Go, USA, go!
Thanks, Ravenne, Marvin is now ready to go cheer!!
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #95
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Congrats to Argentinia! Well deserved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
Thanks, Ravenne, Marvin is now ready to go cheer!!
You're very welcome. Fingers crossed! It worked 60 years ago, right? So there's hope.
Advert
Old 06-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #96
ravenne
Wizard

OH MY OH MY OH MY!!!! What a game! England's goalkeeper lost the ball - 1:1!!!!
Old 06-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #97
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
None of the above??!! But Shorty! Your team needs you, they are playing against the US today!
And as far as I can tell did abysmally But ty for the new avatar - I have got changed
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:45 PM   #98
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
And as far as I can tell did abysmally But ty for the new avatar - I have got changed
Your avatar is pretty darn cute. Makes my big lips twitch.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #99
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
Your avatar is pretty darn cute. Makes my big lips twitch.
I look like a frikkin' chavette
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #100
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
England 1 - USA 1

In the words of the inimitable Paul Calf - what a bag 'o shite!
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #101
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
England 1 - USA 1

In the words of the inimitable Paul Calf - what a bag 'o shite!
England did great.

They tied with the Number 1 team. That is hard to do.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:03 PM   #102
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Sony PRS T3, Sony DPT-RP1
Danke Schon Ravenne!

I am curious to see your team. Germany ALWAYS have great teams, no matter what the pundits say!
Salgueiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:04 PM   #103
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
I've voted... Portugal!

Although probably it will be Italia or Argentina. :P
A fellow Portugueeeeezer here!!! How are you mate?

Old 06-12-2010, 09:17 PM   #104
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia

I enjoyed a lot the USA game. I think they were a bit nervous, and that affected the quality of their ball possession, but it was enough to clinch a positive result, so congratulations!

I really want them to do a great World Cup. I feel so happy to see them embracing this great game, and learning step by step how to play on the big stage. Those US fans in Rustenburg really deserved the goal. I truly enjoy to see their enthusiasm. It is soo refreshing!

By the way, i think Clint Dempsey is a great player... too bad he doesn't get the ball that often, and the way the team is set doesn't make him get that much support on the front, if he did get more i think he would make serious damage in the opponents defense... Some of his goals in Fulham this year were awesome. I remember one against Hamburg that was pure class.

Go USA!
Old 06-13-2010, 03:07 AM   #105
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
My cousin turned to me just after Green let the ball slip through his hands and in the most deadpan of voices said:

"Well that's one British spill the Yanks won't be complaining about."

Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifa world cup. soccer, vote usa!!!