Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
PB360 dead - mysterious stripes

Today my PB360 died on me, while reading. It displayed one page fine, and after pressing the down button, this:

I didn't drop it (ever; I even had this nice little custom sleeve made for it), and it doesn't look like a broken screen to the best of my (admittedly limited) knowledge. Screen controller broken? I have no idea, really.

So I'll have to contact the vendor, which was Pocketgoods: they seem to have gone out of business? Their website is no longer selling ereaders, at any rate.

Is there some sort of Pocketbook guarantee, do you know? It's high time for a new reader anyway, but I was looking forward to passing this one on to my daughter.

Or should I just drop the whole thing (pun intended)?
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
looks weird indeed! But yes, there is a two year warranty, so if you use the feedback form on the Pocketbook Germany page (I wrote in English, they are the representative in Europe) they should get back to you (they did so in my case). You will have to submit the warranty certificate, though, and some proof of the purchase date. Good luck!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #3
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Contact Forkosigan, he more or less is PB Europe and can speed up things considerably
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #4
bense2k
bense2k knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bense2k knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bense2k knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bense2k knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bense2k knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bense2k knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bense2k knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bense2k knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bense2k knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bense2k knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bense2k knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Pocketbook pro 602
I had something similar on my 602, it was a lose cable. It was easy to fix myself.

Bense2k
bense2k is offline   Reply With Quote