Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #886
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Players beware - Bob just downvalued (by a huge amount) the high population assets. Don't go surging your cores (or upgrading them).
Thanks for the warning. I actually sold off some (theoreticaly) spare non-population assets to make way for some higher population ones when I got more bucks on the next round.

Dang. Now that plan is shot.

Is it just me, or have there already been lot more mid-game changes after the reboot than there was in the Beta version? Or did I just not notice the earlier ones?
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #887
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I just noticed the population ones too - still managed to stay in the green after upgrading and surging the high level cores on level 20, though, and I don't expect to go into the red even by morning on anything.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #888
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Things change as quickly as on the beta (and as wildly), with no warning. You can be in the middle of upgrading assets and when you surge the core, have no pop go to millions.

Had I known the new values, I would not have purchased the assets I did at the last two level upgrades (which were only a few hours apart), placed cores where I did or upgraded the ones I did (with no chance even to surge them once).

Other assets I sold (as they were of little use) are now gone (and can't be purchased) and are now of higher value. the game is getting more annoying than fun.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #889
Iphinome
Paladin of Eris
Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10
Is it just me or did the cost of level 20 rise by a billion bucks? I just scraped by.

At this rate level 30 will be a number too big for a signed int to hold.
Iphinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #890
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Other assets I sold (as they were of little use) are now gone (and can't be purchased) and are now of higher value. the game is getting more annoying than fun.
Yeah, it's hard to make plans when everything can change at any time.

The new values have really screwed me up since I'd made other plans. No hope now of catching up any time soon, not sure I'll bother anymore.
Advert
Old 07-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #891
theenframed
Enthusiast
theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphinome View Post
Is it just me or did the cost of level 20 rise by a billion bucks? I just scraped by.

At this rate level 30 will be a number too big for a signed int to hold.
Yep, it did. The increase is rather unfortunate, as I make about 67 million a cycle.
theenframed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #892
theenframed
Enthusiast
theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
Yeah, it's hard to make plans when everything can change at any time.

The new values have really screwed me up since I'd made other plans. No hope now of catching up any time soon, not sure I'll bother anymore.
I feel the same way. I am screwed, too.
theenframed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #893
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
I'm stuck on level 16 for now. Going to take me a day or two to get enough bucks to level up. Can't see how the wait would be fun at the higher levels.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:38 AM   #894
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
I finally am at the point of giving up. What was a totally uninteresting way of getting free books has now become uninteresting and boring. I was two cycles away from levelling up when the amount needed more or less doubled.

I have dumped all my saved bucks into random alliances and intend to login once a week or so, surge a bit to keep up with the natural population growth and dump all the bucks I have into the alliances, easier than fiddling around with pointless projects and saving up for levels. Bucks per level seem slightly higher than bucks for alliances especially as there is a book every four allies instead of every 5 levels.

If whacks destabilise the freehold then it can crash a burn, I'll just go and read some books.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #895
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
I actually don't wonder they make it exponentially harder to level up. Give some coupons out is one thing. Provideing a constant flow of them would be counterproductive since nobody would need to buy the books then. "Get all you want just for playing" surely isn't the goal of this.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #896
DuskyRose
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
I actually don't wonder they make it exponentially harder to level up. Give some coupons out is one thing. Provideing a constant flow of them would be counterproductive since nobody would need to buy the books then. "Get all you want just for playing" surely isn't the goal of this.
While the coupons were nice, I played because I wanted to play a game. Those who wanted a real easy way to get an ebooks probably didn't last long. The few people I pointed to the site quit pretty quickly. Too much work for a freebie when so many free ones out there on offer every day.

But I liked the game, up to a point. I don't mind if they make it harder to get a coupon, but do mind when they make the game so hard that there's no real point to playing it. Nothing to do for long periods where it's just barely needed to check in a a minute and click a few buttons. Georgous graphics, (although not always placed well or easy to see.) I have sleep issues, so if I was awake at odd hours it was something interesting to do while I wasn't sleeping or reading. (In fact, I think I hit almost every cycle for a week or more. Good for game playing, but bad on getting any sleep).

And I'm obviously not very good at it, since even since the restart I've been lagging behind everyone else. Not surprising, since I don't play strategy games very well, and everyone and their mother can kick my ass at chess. But it was at least interesting for a while, and do-able.

I'd stay if there were fewer freebies, and fewer un-announced changes, (they have my email addy, why can't they let me know what's going on?) and it was actually interesting for a while. Heck, if they'd opened the store to trading or purchasing, that would have made a huge difference.

But what ever fun there was, in it as a game, is gone for me. I got screwed by bad timing on selling off stuff to buy more, then having them change stuff that very cycle. I'll never catch up, so no point to it now.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #897
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
I went to redeem my first free ebook and I got this: Baen Ebooks email not found. You need a Baen Ebooks (http://www.baenebooks.com) account using the same email as your Planet Baen account.
So I went to baenebooks.com and made an account using the same email address.

Why am I still getting the error several cycles later?

Edit: Never mind. I typed my email incorrectly.

Last edited by bob123; 07-13-2012 at 09:11 PM.
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #898
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
I just got an error saying the coupon server was down and to email support. I have now forgotten the email address I was supposed to contact.
Does anyone else know it? I think it was something like support@baenebooks.com
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #899
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
baensupport@principledtechnologies.com
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:36 AM   #900
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Finally at Level 17. It would have happened much sooner, but then the cost more than doubled from ~ 150 million Bucks to ~385 million just when I had another two cycles to go.

I think my strategy now is to sell off anything which isn't a Bliss/Pop-suppressing or otherwise functional surging asset and replace them all with upgraded Bynums, and then only do the projects right before the next level, since some of the components have low values which will be making less income and can't be sold off until the next level-up.

At the current rate of income, excluding surges and gifts, I should be able to make level 18 in 12 days.

Baen Bucks: 9,517
Baen Bliss: 80,746
Population: 12,571
Food: 3,941,525
Energy: 5,381,063
Military: 3,768,408
Surge Pts Left this Cycle: 2/85
Total Bucks per Cycle: 9,160,832
from Assets: 8,947,125
from Pop.: 213,707
Political Adj to Asset Bucks: +25%
Bliss - Base Need: 17,891