Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2006, 04:36 PM   #1
cfc
cfc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-350
Smile WARNING!!! The Sony Reader is very heavy!

I just noticed a little add-on sticker on the back of the box stating:

"Correction: Product weight is approx. 9 oz. not approx. 8.8 oz. as printed."

So how far off did the weight have to be in order to require this notice? Isn't 9 ounces approximately 8.8 ounces?

I just thought it was kind of funny.
cfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 04:40 PM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 04:41 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
That is a bit funny, because it's surely not even noticeable. But you can imagine how easy it would be for someone to jump on a company like Sony for false advertising if they got some detail wrong.

BTW, I think all that extra weight <tongue in cheek> comes from a product improvement where they reinforced the back of it a little bit more so it should be more sturdy. Sounds like a good tradeoff for 0.2 oz to me!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:59 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Hmm, I guess I'll have to not carry those 3 paper clips (like I was planning to do) to offset that extra weight.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote