Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-06-2014, 12:16 PM   #1666
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Margins and font-size hack for PW2 5.4.3:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1431
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:05 PM   #1667
priccis
priccis began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Need help

Hi, I need your help.

I have a Paperwhite 1 (5.3.4) with jailbreak and Wallpaper hack working, but I'm not able to install JBPatch, the Update buttom is not clickeable.

I'm trying with this bin: update_jbpatch_4.0.0_fw531_install.bin in the kindle root directory.

Thanks in advece.
priccis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:31 PM   #1668
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by priccis View Post
Hi, I need your help.

I have a Paperwhite 1 (5.3.4) with jailbreak and Wallpaper hack working, but I'm not able to install JBPatch, the Update buttom is not clickeable.

I'm trying with this bin: update_jbpatch_4.0.0_fw531_install.bin in the kindle root directory.

Thanks in advece.
So your unable to install the file for the version 5.3.1 firmware on your 5.3.4 firmware.

My first guess: Expected behavior.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:43 PM   #1669
priccis
priccis began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
So your unable to install the file for the version 5.3.1 firmware on your 5.3.4 firmware.

Well it says:
Kindle Touch, Firmware 5.1.0 - 5.3.2.1, or Kindle Paperwhite, Firmware 5.3.1 - 5.3.4. However, the only firmwares that are actively supported are 5.1.2 (Kindle Touch) and 5.3.4 (Paperwhite).

Thats why I am in 5.3.4

Edit: I've tried in 5.3.4 - 5.3.3 - 5.3.1 Always the same, i cant press Update buttom.

Last edited by priccis; 03-08-2014 at 04:15 PM.
priccis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:40 AM   #1670
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
Do you think you can do something for the PW1 on 5.4.4 ?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:58 AM   #1671
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
What's the purpose of these bytecode changes ?:

Code:
--- orig/com/amazon/ebook/booklet/reader/resources/ReaderResources_en_GB.class.bytecode>2014-03-10 09:53:09.365670903 +0100
+++ fonthack/com/amazon/ebook/booklet/reader/resources/ReaderResources_en_GB.class.bytecode<-->2014-03-10 09:50:46.002463188 +0100
@@ -783,7 +783,7 @@
 iastore
 dup
 iconst_4
-bipush 254
+sipush 254
 iastore
 aastore
 aastore
@@ -1345,7 +1345,7 @@
 aastore
 dup
 iconst_1
-ldc "▲"
+ldc_w "в–І"
 aastore
 aastore
 dup
@@ -2632,7 +2632,7 @@
 aastore
 dup
 iconst_1
-ldc_w "‒"
+ldc_w "‒"
 aastore
 aastore
 dup
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:06 AM   #1672
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
What's the purpose of these bytecode changes ?
I saved a class-file in wrong encoding - 1251 instead of UTF8...
Fixed, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Do you think you can do something for the PW1 on 5.4.4 ?
May be later.
I very much don't like Cloud Collections, therefore don't want firmware update...

Last edited by kaznelson; 03-10-2014 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #1673
kaznelson
Old Kaz

Margins and font-size hack for PW 5.4.4:

Attention: it's not tested!

PS: Choice of margins size as on PW2 5.4.3 - in this firmware is not present.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:06 PM   #1674
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Margins and font-size hack for PW 5.4.4:

Attention: it's not tested!

PS: Choice of margins size as on PW2 5.4.3 - in this firmware is not present.
Thanks a lot !!! I will test it and report back

Edit : Kaznelson, , it works perfectly

Last edited by aceflor; 03-11-2014 at 04:33 PM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:20 AM   #1675
baocunfive
baocunfive began at the beginning.

Device: kpw2
Quote:
Temporally hack for Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4-5.4.4 and Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Generation 5.4.2-5.4.3 with "English (United Kingdom)" interface:

Paperwhite
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_534.zip
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_535.zip
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_536.zip
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_538.zip (also works on 5.3.8.1)
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_539.zip
update_fonthack_0.4_pw_544.zip

Paperwhite 2
update_fonthack_0.4_pw2_542.zip (also works on 5.4.2.1)
update_fonthack_0.4_pw2_543.zip

- The changed size of a font at reading mobi-books (Mobi-drawing-en_GB.jar)
- The changed size of a font at reading kf8/azw3-books (HTMLReader-impl-en_GB.jar);
- The changed size of a font in the panel of search (Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar);
- The switched on reflow-mode for pdf-documents (Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar);
- The changed margins at reading mobi/kf8-books and pdf-documents (ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar);
- The reduced height of the bottom progressbar (ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar).

More details in a Readme_eng.txt file...

===========

many thanks to kaznelson, this is just what I need, it really works for kpw 2nd with english interface, perfect. But I usually use the kpw with a chinese interface, I try to modify those 3 JAR to the corresponding chinese file (HTMLReader-impl-zh_CN.jar, Mobi-drawing-zh_CN.jar, Reader-plugin-zh_CN.jar), and modify the install.ffs, build a update bin.

But it doesn't work in chinese interface, could you please give some hints. thanks in advance.
baocunfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:52 PM   #1676
kaznelson
Old Kaz

Updated for PW2 5.4.3
In a new firmware for PW2 possible to adjust PDF margins.

ReaderSDK-impl-ln_LN.jar -> ReaderResources_ln_LN.class -> Open in JBE
Methods -> <init> -> [0] Code -> Code Editor tab

For PW2 edit values:

font.wordsperline.margin.list.pdf
[fewest] : 50 > 30
[fewer] : 35 > 20
[default] : 20 > 10

For PDF it's possible to select one of three values lateral and top margins.

reader.content.leftMargin.pdf : 20 > 10
reader.content.rightMargin.pdf : 20 > 10
reader.content.topMargin.pdf : 20 > 12
reader.content.bottomMargin.pdf : 40 > 18

Progress-bar is displayed now over a bottom margin.

baocunfive
Look at manual on page 106 of this topic:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1577
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1588

Last edited by kaznelson; 03-16-2014 at 02:33 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:55 AM   #1677
skip_sands
Enthusiast
skip_sands began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite
hi all, thanks a lot for the incredible patches you provide. am I correct in stating that there is no way to get hyphenation to work on a pw2 as of now?
best. skip.
skip_sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:07 AM   #1678
baocunfive
baocunfive began at the beginning.

Device: kpw2
thanks to kaznelson for the quick reply.
baocunfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:23 AM   #1679
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@skip_sands: In M7 files, no, in KF8 files, technically, yes.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #1680
mike.s
mike.s knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mike.s knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mike.s knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mike.s knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mike.s knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mike.s knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mike.s knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mike.s knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mike.s knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mike.s knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'mike.s knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by priccis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post

Well it says:
Kindle Touch, Firmware 5.1.0 - 5.3.2.1, or Kindle Paperwhite, Firmware 5.3.1 - 5.3.4. However, the only firmwares that are actively supported are 5.1.2 (Kindle Touch) and 5.3.4 (Paperwhite).

Thats why I am in 5.3.4

Edit: I've tried in 5.3.4 - 5.3.3 - 5.3.1 Always the same, i cant press Update buttom.
Pwned!
mike.s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks