Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Firmware 2.0 and SD Card

Just wondering if others are seeing the same as me; namely, with an SD card in the Touch, sleep does not work reliably?

Using either a LEXAR 4 GB class 4 or an ADATA 16 GB class 10, I see the Kobo enter sleep for about 3 seconds, then come out of sleep for a minute and repeat this cycle.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I had a 1GB Sandisk card in for most of yesterday. I didn't notice any problems with sleep.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm... Funny in that I tried a 1 GB and the unit seemed not to even recognize it!

Maybe I should try that one again
Old 08-11-2012, 11:54 PM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
No problem at all here with a 4G SDHC card, can't remember brand.

ETA - sorry, was responding to the body of your post, didn't see the title. I'm not using the 2.0 firmware.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:59 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Just tried a 4GB Kingston class 4 card with no problems. With this I also opened a book on the card in case it was an issue generating the cover image when it went to sleep.

I should have said before, this is firmware 2.0.2.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
KTREADER
Updating
KTREADER began at the beginning.

Device: KT
Arrow Tried using a Lexar 4GB Micro SDHC Class 4

Tried using a Lexar 4GB Micro SDHC Class 4 and it renders my Kobo Touch useless.
Turning a book page it keeps going back to "home". so i removed the stick.
Just tried the stick again with update version 2.0

Will try 4GB Kingston class 4 card
KTREADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I just pulled my card in my Touch to check. It is a Lexar 4GB SDHC Class 2 and I have never had a moment's problem with it on any version. I can't say the same for larger Lexar cards, unfortunately.

There is a "2" that looks sort of like an @ sign on the card, next to the "HD". I thought it was a class 4!

http://goldenusb.en.made-in-china.co...mory-Card.html
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Have to love the warranty info on that site Taming!

Quote:
Warranty: Lift Time
Old 09-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #9
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
I've been using the 2.1.1 firmware the past week so I can't speak about the 2.0 but I haven't seen this issue on this firmware, using a 16G Sandisk card.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #10
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Peter, I didn't buy it there. I just found the image in Google images. I bought it at Superstore. That's through Alberta version of Loblaws.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #11
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

I know Was just being mhy usual smart-arse