Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
amuise
Rookie
amuise doesn't litteramuise doesn't litter

Device: Sony Touch
ISBN Changes on Conversion from epub to mobi

This is my first post and I'm new to Calibre conversion. I am trying to convert an epub that I designed to mobi. I need to change the ISBN number for the Kindle from the epub file. What I have done is copied the epub and changed the ISBN number in the content.opf and in the text of the Copyright page in preparation for the conversion to mobi. I made sure there were no other copies of the "old' epub in Calibre, added the edited epub (with the changed ISBN number) and converted to mobi.

Lo and behold, the mobi still has the original ISBN number in the copyright page even though I changed it! I double checked the epub that I added to make sure it was changed and it was.

Is there another place in Calibre where old copies of an epub are kept that it might be using for conversion? I'm beginning to think my eyes are playing a game with me.

Thanks!
amuise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Probably the copyright page is part of the book. Calibre does not change book content, just metadata. You could use Sigil to edit the actual book printed matter

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
amuise
Rookie
amuise doesn't litteramuise doesn't litter

Device: Sony Touch
Figured it out. It wasn't Calibre that was the problem, it was an old copy of the epub hanging around in the Kindle software that was being displayed rather than the newly minted mobi. The hint was when Calibre was showing the correct ISBN but the Kindle reader was not. Hopefully next time I'll have a valid question for the forum. Which is a cool forum, by the way. I hope to get to the point where I'll be able to help others rather than the other way around ...
amuise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:46 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by amuise View Post
Figured it out. It wasn't Calibre that was the problem, it was an old copy of the epub hanging around in the Kindle software that was being displayed rather than the newly minted mobi.
Not that it matters but it was most likely a cached version of a previously created mobi. Kindle software doesn't do epub.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote