Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 12:06 PM   #1
Paegan2246
Connoisseur
Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Touch, iPod Touch, 3-160GB iPod classics
Biographies - would like recommendations

This past weekend I finished Robert Oppenheimer - American Prometheus. Now I'm about a third of the way through Louis D. Brandeis - A Life by Martin Urofsky. I will soon be scrounging around for others to read. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

----Susan
Paegan2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:42 AM   #2
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Hi all,

I have not read many biographies as such, though I did read Leonard Nimoy's I Am Spock. I found it quite enlightening, and while I think of it, I want to read his first autobiography I Am Not Spock, for it too, will be interesting.

I have not read it all as yet, but would find Roger Moore's biography very interesting, and so too, the one on Billy Connolly, by his wife.

Not so much a biography as a piece of breathtakingly researched history, is The Last Place on Earth, featuring Scott and Amundsen racing for the south pole. It is so detailed about the men that it almost qualifies as a biography. In any event it is an example of just how well-told a piece of non-fiction can be.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2010, 09:22 AM   #3
Paegan2246
Connoisseur
Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Touch, iPod Touch, 3-160GB iPod classics
Thanks Michael...I try to stay away from Hollywood biographies but I will definately put The Last Place on Earth on my to get list.
Paegan2246 is offline   Reply With Quote