Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-01-2012, 01:31 AM   #1
signum
Zealot
signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: none
Running a group of searches?

In Sigil 0.6.0, how can I run a group of searches? For instance, demoting all heading levels at once?
signum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:46 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Put the searches in a group. You can then run the group.

Last edited by Toxaris; 11-01-2012 at 03:15 AM.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #3
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Or just mark the ones you want to run. With Replace/All (or whatever you select) it will be done with all selected ones.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
signum
Zealot
signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Thanks for your hints. It's not quite that simple to me – the devil is in the details. Let me expose my ignorance for a moment so that others might be able to avoid the problems I encountered.

First off, there is no apparent way (to me, at least) to run a group of Searchs/Replaces just by calling up the Saved Searches with a right-click somewhere in the Find panel at the bottom of the screen, a feature I use very often. Trying to select a group by clicking on it just displays another popup menu with each of the contained single S/Rs displayed. I tried for days to get around that block.

There may be a shorter way, but I found I had to call up what used to be called the Search Editor with ctrl-alt-f or clicking on the Tools tab → Saved Searches. There, the groups and subordinate searches are displayed and you can, indeed, left-click to select the name of an entire group (or an individual search). Click “Load Search”, then click “Replace All” or “Count” or whatever and it will work.

My mistake was expecting running a group to be similar to running a single S/R by right-clicking the Find panel at the bottom of the screen. Further, I hadn't expected to use the Search page below the Tools tab more than once, and even then just to set up and save a new search I'd just invented.

Now I know.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Correct - if you want to run a group, you do it in Saved Searches. But there is no need to use 'Load Search' before you click on Replace All. Load Search is only to load the selected search into Find & Replace - and probably won't be used much since you'll either right-click selected a search while in Find & Replace or just run the search from within Saved Searches.

I'll consider if I can add a 'group' entry that can be selected for a group.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #6
signum
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
I'll consider if I can add a 'group' entry that can be selected for a group.
Thanks. That would be awesome.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:49 AM   #7
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
You'll need to continue to use the Saved Searches dialog to run groups.

The context menu in Find & Replace is only used to load the search you select into the Find & Replace dialog. There is no way to load a 'group' - it doesn't make sense. There is only room for one search in the F&R dialog, so you can only load one at a time. And even if you could 'run' a search from the context menu - what would you run automatically - Find, Replace, Replace All, etc.

Running a group is easy enough from the Saved Searches dialog - and the dialog can stay open and left on screen if you have a large enough screen.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote