Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 03-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
dougf4
Connoisseur
dougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook Tablet (Rooted), jetbook lite
No Boot - Anyone else??

Rooted NT

This only occurred once, but is alarming.

My NT would not "boot." It had very faint video, pretty much a very dark blue-black background and just the hint of a flicker across the bottom edge.

Tried to start it with the normal power button several times with no luck. Banged the "N" button, etc.

Finally, while plugged in to the charger and holding the power button down for probably 30-45 seconds it came back to life and has been fine ever since.

When it did come on, it had plenty of battery life, so that was not the issue.

Any similar experiences or thoughts?

ThanX in Advance!!
dougf4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
My first Tablet did this and I was unable to fix it. Took it back to the store, they tried and ended giving me a new one. The new one locked up once when the update was installing.

I have to say, I like my Tablet but my Kindle Fire hasn't given me an ounce of trouble...
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert