Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
Chikwako
Reader EZ
Chikwako has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chikwako has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chikwako has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: √NC, √NST, Sero Pro
OK folks, the time is now...Nook Color for $119 (ref)

B&N is selling through their Ebay store the NC for $119, free shipping!

It says "more than 10 are available" so you still have time.

The link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOOK-Color-B...-/300625719205
Chikwako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
pdxesto
pdxesto began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wireless
I'm in for one! Thanks for the heads-up!
pdxesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2011, 09:18 PM   #3
bunodosoma
Connoisseur
bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PE,Novel,Nook Color
Got a refurbished NC a while back from B&N ebay. It was spotless and worked well until the microsd card retainer cratered. Called B&N, no sweat, they sent out another and I had it in hand 2 days later. Love B&N's service. We have 2 other NC's and I just ordered another for $119. Was waiting to see how the tablet turned out. But since the bootloader is reportedly locked I pulled the trigger on this rascal. And I'll wait to see if they figure out the unlocking since we're fans of CM7.
bunodosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:38 AM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Ok never mind, I see Netflix can be run on it after getting one of those cards (which seems a lot easier than the DIY process)

Last edited by booklover6; 11-26-2011 at 10:19 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
oppy
Connoisseur
oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Ok never mind, I see Netflix can be run on it after getting one of those cards (which seems a lot easier than the DIY process)
Easiest way would be to just wait for the 1.4 update (supposed to be pushed next month). Plus it's free.
oppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 07:01 AM   #6
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Of course now that I want one they are gone.

I talked to a lady last night that has one and she loves it. Another lady had her Galaxy tab and it looked really cool (had 3G). Well I can't afford that monthly fee, but the Nook Color would be fun. I'll have to watch for the next big sale...

oppy, will the update make the NC more of an Android tablet?
Old 12-02-2011, 09:53 AM   #7
Tabatha
Groupie
Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KTouch-PW-WIFI Galaxy Tablet 7 Plus 32gb Galaxy Player 5.0-4.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikwako View Post
B&N is selling through their Ebay store the NC for $119, free shipping!

It says "more than 10 are available" so you still have time.

The link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOOK-Color-B...-/300625719205
Price is now $149.

Last edited by Tabatha; 12-18-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #8
Tabatha
Groupie
Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Of course now that I want one they are gone.

I talked to a lady last night that has one and she loves it. Another lady had her Galaxy tab and it looked really cool (had 3G). Well I can't afford that monthly fee, but the Nook Color would be fun. I'll have to watch for the next big sale...

oppy, will the update make the NC more of an Android tablet?
Price is now $149:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290640494809?

You would need CM7 0r N2A card to make it a full Android tablet.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #9
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Yes! Best Buy has the refurbs back in stock and I have a $30 GC, so I am going to order one. I'll get the CM7 down the road.

edit--do these usually ship holding a charge or should I charge it up before wrapping for Christmas?

Last edited by booklover6; 12-02-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:54 PM   #10
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Took awhile, but my $119 order finally shipped. Hopefully the 1.4 update is out by the time I get it.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:41 PM   #11
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Rats! As of today, they are $156.95
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:00 PM   #12
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

my NC is here. my n2a card is here too. i haven't opened the card yet. nc is charging. sorry about caps...one hand is in a cast so typing with the other one. i look forward to playing with it, but might have to wait til next week....kids will be home from school soon.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #13
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
My $119 Nook Color arrived at my US friend's house earlier this week and she has sent me emails warning me that it might "get lost" on the way to me! I think she likes it!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:33 PM   #14
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
I've only had mine a couple of days, but I realized I missed having a Nook Color more than I realized when I sold it nearly a year ago to get an IPad. This is really a much better screen for reading text on. For PDFs and Comics I will stick with the iPad, but this is the best way to go for text.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:01 PM   #15
Tabatha
Groupie

On sale today on ebay for $129.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=300636780039