Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-16-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
Paede
Paede began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Library Location

Hi, I uninstalled my copy of calibre with the windows uninstaller and made a portable version of calibre like it is described in the user manual on the calibre website. If I started the calibre the first time the wizard asked me to specify the path to the calibre library.

I used a new location and calibre started ok but if I close calibre and later start it again, it chooses the old library path which I used before I uninstalled the calibre on my PC.

I run the wizard again (and there was also the old path specified) and changed the path again but with no luck. Then I tried to move the library from the calibre GUI to the new location (and deleted the old library from the GUI), no problem, but if I start calibre the next time, the old library path is used and the directory (which does not exist anymore) is created again.

I did not find anything in the windows registry which points to the old location.

Where can I specify the library path so that my NEW library will be used every time I start calibre ?

Thanks a lot for your help !
Paede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paede View Post
Hi, I uninstalled my copy of calibre with the windows uninstaller and made a portable version of calibre like it is described in the user manual on the calibre website. If I started the calibre the first time the wizard asked me to specify the path to the calibre library.

I used a new location and calibre started ok but if I close calibre and later start it again, it chooses the old library path which I used before I uninstalled the calibre on my PC.

I run the wizard again (and there was also the old path specified) and changed the path again but with no luck. Then I tried to move the library from the calibre GUI to the new location (and deleted the old library from the GUI), no problem, but if I start calibre the next time, the old library path is used and the directory (which does not exist anymore) is created again.

I did not find anything in the windows registry which points to the old location.

Where can I specify the library path so that my NEW library will be used every time I start calibre ?

Thanks a lot for your help !
It is stored in you (hidden) User, Applications folder.
But it may be simpler.:
Start Calibre.
If the wrong library appears, pull down the arrow next to theLibrary Icon on the toolbar, and choose the new library name off the list (hopefully, you gave it a different name to avoid confusions). Calibre should remember the last selected Library.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
Paede

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
It is stored in you (hidden) User, Applications folder.
But it may be simpler.:
Start Calibre.
If the wrong library appears, pull down the arrow next to theLibrary Icon on the toolbar, and choose the new library name off the list (hopefully, you gave it a different name to avoid confusions). Calibre should remember the last selected Library.
Hi theducks, I tried to change the new library (which has another name) but calibre doesn't remember it for the next time. Then I deleted the whole calibre folder in my (hidden) User, Applications folder. After Istarted calibre the OLD and empty library is loaded

There must be a location where the old path is saved. But I could not find it !

But thanks for your help and have a nice day !
Old 11-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #4
Paede

OK Folks, I found the problem. My calibre root directory was called "calibre New" and that caused the problem. The batch file "calibre-portable.bat" use the parameter "--with-library" to start the needed library. Because of the space character in the new root folder name the path was cut after the "calibre" word and the part "New" was lost. So every time I started calibre the library "calibre" was opened and that was exactly the name of the old library !

So if you want to use spaces in the name of the root folder change the following line in the "calibre-portable.bat":

START /belownormal Calibre --with-library %CALIBRE_LIBRARY_DIRECTORY%

to

START /belownormal Calibre --with-library "%CALIBRE_LIBRARY_DIRECTORY%"

With the " characters it will work.

Have a nice day !