Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #1
bluesjunior
bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Downloading an Ebook from Amazon Question?.

As an ex fisherman myself I came across the book in the following link by an author I know of and would like to buy it https://www.amazon.co.uk/ARGONAUT-ME.../dp/B00ANFCYVK. At first I was going to buy the book itself ie the paper version but then thought maybe I should save myself some money and buy the ebook version instead. When I clicked on the link to buy I got confused as I do not have a Kindle and if I need to download the Kindle reading app mentioned in the "How Buying Works" link in the main link. I have a Kobo ereader and use Calibre on my PC to keep my e-library backed up on. I read and store all my books in the epub format. I am 63yrs old and not very PC savvy so thought I would come here and ask for some advice on buying this ebook. Will I be able to read it on my Kobo using my set up as detailed above or do I need to download the Kindle software?. Many thanks in advance for any advice/help offered.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-20-2013 at 08:58 AM.
bluesjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
1. Yes, you will need to install Kindle software in order to purchase the book and get the book file to download. The book will download into a folder location on your computer that the Kindle app will create.

2. You can use Calibre to convert the book to ePub.

Last edited by pidgeon92; 04-19-2013 at 06:05 PM.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
1) Download and install Kindle for PC, then register it using your Amazon username and password.

2) Buy book

3) Open Kindle for PC and book should download to it after it does close Kindle 4 PC

4) Go to the 'My Kindle Content' folder in your PC's 'Documents' folder and there should be a file with a .azw extentsion (it will have a blue book icon).

5) Open Calibre and drag the book from step 4 into Calibre.

6) We know the Kindle book doesn't have any DRM to worry about because it's description says "Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited" so in Calibre click the Convert Books icon. Make sure Output Format (top right) says ePub if it doesn't already click OK and the book will convert to ePub* which you can then transfer to your Kobo for reading.

7) Enjoy!

*There are various settings that you can play with in the conversions window, but try a basic conversion first and post back if you have problems.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #4
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Or you can just buy it from Kobo (where it's cheaper using discount code)

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/ARGON...0bXG4p3f_g&r=1
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote