Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 04-27-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
DeathtoToasters
Connoisseur
DeathtoToasters began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Illiad, Sony 505
How common is the not bookmarking or not remembering....

the page number when you turn the unit back on?

This is a key feature for me. To be honest I think it is something that is should not even be discussed as it should just work.

Hell even a paperback book has a basic bookmarking feature that works 99% of the time, bend the corner over!

So I need to know if this is something I really need to worry about every time I turn the unit on.
DeathtoToasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:10 PM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Hard to say how common it is. But it seems that everybody that have the problem finally find some workaround or solution.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:21 PM   #3
Happy Reader
Happy Reader began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
It's hardly ever happened for me. I think the cause when it has happened is synchronising with Mobipocket. It's not been a problem for my overall experience.
Happy Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:29 PM   #4
DeathtoToasters
Connoisseur
DeathtoToasters began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Illiad, Sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Hard to say how common it is. But it seems that everybody that have the problem finally find some workaround or solution.

What kind of workaround? a sticky note on their last page?
DeathtoToasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:58 AM   #5
billyad2000
Enthusiast
billyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters View Post
I had these problems when I first recieved my cybook, after receiving help from this forum I changed 3 things:-

1 - I formatted my SD card FAT32, it arrived from bookeen FAT16
2 - I stopped using mobipocket to syncronise ebooks
3 - I started using the safely disconnect hardware feature in Windows

Any one of the above may have fixed my problem, or even a combination of all three, but since then I have not lost my place, or bookmarks.

Hope this helps.
billyad2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:12 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've never once had it happen.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:16 AM   #7
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
My experience was that it happened fairly frequently.
I didn't order the Bookeen SD card; I used a Transcend 2Gb card of my own.
I didn't synch my books, I just dragged and dropped them in Windows Explorer.
I always disconnected the CyBook with the Windows 'safely disconnect' process.

Nevertheless the CyBook forget where it had got to enough to make it a bit irritating, it didn't matter whether the book was stored on the unit or the card.

In the end I took the SD card out and now store my books on the unit; since doing so, a couple of weeks ago, I haven't experienced bookmark problems.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:13 AM   #8
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters View Post
The things other people have suggested in this thread. Maybe also not turn the Cybook off if the problem is not related to synchronization or copying of files.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:50 AM   #9
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
I don't use bookmarks, and the position bar is enough for me to know where in the book I am, so I never tested them. Maybe the bug happens here, maybe it doesn't.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:13 AM   #10
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
It only once happened to me...when the battery was flat.

I never had any problems with bookmarks or remembering pages
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:15 AM   #11
bob_ninja
Addict
bob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enough

Device: Zire71
I only had 1 or 2 instances when I couldn't bookmark a page. The problem was resolved by simple shutdown, restart.
It always remembers last page read without problems. I am using Windows Explorer and a simple 1Gb SD card.
bob_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:08 AM   #12
jayne80
Connoisseur
jayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toysjayne80 shares his or her toys

Device: iphone 4s, ipad 3, kindle touch,kindle PW, kobo mini, kobo aura
I don't use bookmarks, but the only time I had a problem with the Cybook not remembering the page, it was a fault with the SD card, I ran a fix disk on it and it hasn't happened again.

Jayne80
jayne80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:41 AM   #13
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
It happens about 5% of the time for me. I've never used an SD card with the Cybook so it's not that. My 'workaround' is to try and remember to 'bookmark' more often so if one doesn't take at least I'm not totally lost as to where I was!!
I'm assuming (hoping!) this teething problem will vanish on the arrival of the software update (not holding breath!!)

Loopy
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:02 PM   #14
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
It never happened to me. I use a 2 GB SanDisk SD card which never had a corrupt file system. To transfer the files I simply use my file manager (Thunar or Nautilus, I'm using Linux) and unmount the Cybook before unplugging it (more or less the same as Safely Remove Hardware on Windows).
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:09 PM   #15
Marko
Marko doesn't litterMarko doesn't litter

It happened to me, but only twice so far...
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote