Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 07:57 AM   #1
steph-liverpool
steph-liverpool began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-600
Unhappy help prs-600

Hi my husband has bought me a prs-600 which is about to be launch through the window - i can not get it to work!!!

After many goes i have downloaded the elibary but now it will not let me down load the book onto it !!

I have also put on the computor adobe digital and the books are in there but the message i am getting is " No permission to copy document here" what have i done wrong ???

On elibary its saying "this book cannot be transferred because there is no licence to view on this device or its authorised to another user "

Please can somebody help this woman who feels like shes going mad

thanks
steph-liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:01 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you "authorised" your PC and your Reader in Adobe Digital Editions?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 08:16 AM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Connect your reader to the computer. Open the Sony software. Click on the Ebookstore option then navigate to "manage my account." You should be able to authorise your device and your computer there.

Incidentally, I'll move this thread to the Sony newer devices section of the forum because it's slightly misplaced here.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:22 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Connect your reader to the computer. Open the Sony software. Click on the Ebookstore option then navigate to "manage my account." You should be able to authorise your device and your computer there.
Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you only get that with the US version of the eBook Library software, not the UK version. The UK version just has links to Waterstones and W.H.Smiths.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #5
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Sorry: you're right, Harry. I'm running the US software and got confused.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 08:37 AM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Try closing the library and reopening it (if you have already gotten the email saying Sony has given you an Adobe account).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:47 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Try closing the library and reopening it (if you have already gotten the email saying Sony has given you an Adobe account).
Sorry, folks, the process works differently outside the US - you're just confusing the poor woman .

What you have to do is:

1. Download and install the Sony eBook Library software.

2. Download and install the Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) software.

3. Run ADE. It will ask you if you want to create an account and authorise your PC. Say "yes" and go through the procedure it guides you through.

4. Plug in your Sony Reader, then re-run ADE. It will say something like "a mobile device has been detected - do you want to authorise it?". Say "Yes".

Now, you can go to any eBook store that sells ePub books - eg Waterstones, for example, You don't need to use the Sony eBook library software for this - just use your web browser. When you buy a book, the eBook store will e-mail you a download link. This link will make ADE download the book. Once ADE has downloaded it, you can copy it to your Reader from within ADE. No need to use the Sony software at all in any of this.

Hope that helps.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:52 AM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Sorry, folks, the process works differently outside the US - you're just confusing the poor woman .

What you have to do is:

1. Download and install the Sony eBook Library software.

2. Download and install the Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) software.

3. Run ADE. It will ask you if you want to create an account and authorise your PC. Say "yes" and go through the procedure it guides you through.

4. Plug in your Sony Reader, then re-run ADE. It will say something like "a mobile device has been detected - do you want to authorise it?". Say "Yes".

Now, you can go to any eBook store that sells ePub books - eg Waterstones, for example, You don't need to use the Sony eBook library software for this - just use your web browser. When you buy a book, the eBook store will e-mail you a download link. This link will make ADE download the book. Once ADE has downloaded it, you can copy it to your Reader from within ADE. No need to use the Sony software at all in any of this.

Hope that helps.
Yikes! Thanks for correcting me Harry
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote