Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-07-2009, 10:48 AM   #76
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
The refresh was rather slow, it might also explain why I only noticed it after going to the files...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:43 AM   #77
layel
layel began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Notice that the screen is scratched. This is something that will have to be sorted.

I think it is the protection film on EINK display.Maybe the shower forget to take off it from EINK display.

If you are scared of the scratch you can film on a protector.
layel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 12:58 AM   #78
stormcloude
Groupie
stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eBookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-T1
Am I the only one who thinks it looks like a giant iPod?
stormcloude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:13 AM   #79
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcloude View Post
Nope...
Old 03-08-2009, 03:50 AM   #80
mobelby
Zealot
mobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't litter

Device: eeepc 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcloude View Post
and, your problem with that is ..........?

This thread certainly has become a thread of negativity.
We should be rejoicing in the diversity of readers in 2009, not complaining. If this pattern of thought continues we may as well end up with one kindle, one shop, one DRM etc etc

Here's to healthy competition and diversity.
mobelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 04:39 AM   #81
stormcloude
Groupie
stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eBookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobelby View Post
I didn't say I had a problem, just making an observation. And if it's diversity you're looking for, what's wrong with diversity of appearance too?
stormcloude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #82
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobelby View Post
It's getting boring, actually. Everything must have that "ipod look", otherwise it isn't cool (or something...)

And personally, I never liked white electronic devices. I want them all black, dark blue, dark gray...
Old 03-09-2009, 05:37 AM   #83
layel
layel began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
I do not think the BOOX looks like a gaint iPod but the color can improve more
layel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:28 AM   #84
redbaron101
Zealot
redbaron101 began at the beginning.

Device: palm t3, iphone, bebook (hanlin v3 clone)
looks good - pity about the bottom being so large. The internet browsing on it intrigues me - does anyone know whether this will support java/flash etc?

is it just me or does anyone else think the stylus is a bit big? something that big surely wouldn't fit into the body, you would have to remember to carry it around . . .
redbaron101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:44 AM   #85
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron101 View Post
looks good - pity about the bottom being so large. The internet browsing on it intrigues me - does anyone know whether this will support java/flash etc?
If the bottom part is large, you have something to hold on to without putting your fingers on the screen. Personally I think it's nicer, and I don't think it looks too large here.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:00 AM   #86
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron101 View Post

is it just me or does anyone else think the stylus is a bit big? something that big surely wouldn't fit into the body, you would have to remember to carry it around . . .

The stylus is much smaller, this is just a normal wacom pen. I guess they removed the stylus for the demonstration (the stylus space was empty when I saw the device), because it generally gets lost very quick...
Old 03-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #87
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But what good is a screen protector that scratches easily?
It is only on the screen when shipped, I believe. It is supposed to be removed once the device is placed into use. It is really a shipping protector. A real quality screen protector cannot be scratched easily.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, onyx