Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Leafpad Text editor

This may have flown a bit under the radar, but in light of the dearth of DR1000 apps (*) at this point:

UtterInanity has posted a port of the Leafpad text editor in the iRex DR1000 Developer forum! It has optional line numbering, word wrap etc., and UtterInanity has already adressed a couple of issues. I think this is a useful addition, an din part the reason for my renewed request for a visually improved on-screen keyboard.

(*) Of course, the ones that are available (like FBReader and now Leafpad) are very worthwhile!
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:27 PM   #2
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
(I wanted to react on the iRex forum, but they do not allow attachements, so I post it here)

I finally had some time to add an icon to the toolbar when running leafpad. This allows you to switch to other programs and switch back to leafpad again.
I had some problems with the makefiles (autoreconf to be more specific), so I modified the Makefile directly... (If someone knows how to fix this please let me know.)

I reused a small part of the ipc.c file from helloworld to signal that the app has started. This will add the icon in the taskbar and allow you to switch back to leafpad. (I had to include the ipc.c file in main.c because of the problems with autoreconf that I had.)
(If you want to test the new code on the emulator, be sure to start the application from UDS, so via a .desktop-file, otherwise the icon will not show up)

Since the patched code with the 'Close Keyboard'-button is not published, I publish my change and hope that UtterInanity will add these changes to his version with the button.

The attached file contains the added ipc.c and ipc.h, the manually changed src/Makefile and the modified main.c. The same trick can also be applied to other programs that are ported to the DR.
I also included the build leafpad application, but be carefull, this is without the Close Keyboard patch.
Attached Files
File Type: gz leafpad-delta.tar.gz (149.5 KB, 483 views)
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #3
UtterInanity
UtterInanity is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505, iRex DR1000S
Unfortunately, I managed to completely botch my VMWare environment to the point where it won't even boot any more. This means I can't get to the patch any more. However, it was literally one (maybe two) lines of code. Something like GtkButton* closeKeyboard = gtk_button_new_with_label("Close Keyboard"); but don't quote me on that.

And then I just stuck it in after the text box. It doesn't actually do anything, there's no other code linked to it. I might try adding it in again, if I get around to downloading the VMWare image again (or fixing the one I have... anybody know how to boot to the terminal? It's actually just the XServer that's screwed up.)
UtterInanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:34 AM   #4
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtterInanity View Post
Unfortunately, I managed to completely botch my VMWare environment to the point where it won't even boot any more. This means I can't get to the patch any more. However, it was literally one (maybe two) lines of code. Something like GtkButton* closeKeyboard = gtk_button_new_with_label("Close Keyboard"); but don't quote me on that.
You probably also warn people to make regular backups, but like me, don't make them yourself ... :-(
Anyway, I did something simular as you described with the button, and (as I described in an other thread) when you give is focus when closing the app (i.e. call gtk_widget_grab_focus() in on_file_quit()-function) the keyboard will close automatically. It is still a little clumsy, but at least you can not forget to close the keyboard. I will see if I can find some time to do the change and post it here.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:21 PM   #5
Cliffe
Cliffe began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Smile

I added Leafpad to the DR software wiki:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Digital_Reader_Software
Cliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2009, 03:04 PM   #6
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I will see if I can find some time to do the change and post it here.
I found some time. Follow the original installation instructions, but then copy the new version of leafpad to your SD card. When you already have the old version, just copy over the old (or rename the old first :-)

Two enhancements compared to the pervious port:
1) An icon is now shown in the Task Manager of the DR menu.
2) The keybord is now removed when closing the program
Attached Files
File Type: zip leafpad.zip (129.5 KB, 362 views)
Old 07-25-2009, 09:56 AM   #7
Mackx
Guru

New file dialog

I am not sure how much this program is used, but I recompiled it so that it now uses gtk_file_selection i.s.o. gtk_file_chooser. Two advantages, the dialog is much bigger and it allows you to create directories, which is usefull for 'this kind of' editors.
Note that this is a dangerous tool and you should not start editing system files!!
Unzip file on your SD card.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Programs_LeafPadV2.zip (130.1 KB, 459 views)
Old 07-25-2009, 04:11 PM   #8
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, InkBook
Great job. Thanks, Mackx!
owl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:41 AM   #9
GEMITO138
GEMITO138 began at the beginning.

Device: dr1000s