Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #11356
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
It's getting even weirder! Now they are saying the NC mountains could get a blizzard!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #11357
Love.Forever.
Monarch Butterfly ...
Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8"
Rain!! Supposed to rain right through the rest of the week too
Love.Forever. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2012, 12:12 AM   #11358
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I thought we would be in the clear once the dang thing moved north - but no! It seems once it makes its "left" turn & hits land - it will turn into a super nor'easter - and become immense - so we will get more wind & rain Monday night & Tuesday!
Right now they're saying it's 1000 miles west to east, and 1500 miles north to south. The "eye" is still (way) off N. Carolina and the first bands of heavy rain are just heading in to my area. The forecast was that we could get 10 inches of rain from Monday to Tuesday -- now they're saying maybe "only" 8.

I've done everything I could, so there's nothing left to do now but ... wait. (I almost wish it would just hurry up and get over with.)
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:38 AM   #11359
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Right now they're saying it's 1000 miles west to east, and 1500 miles north to south. The "eye" is still (way) off N. Carolina and the first bands of heavy rain are just heading in to my area. The forecast was that we could get 10 inches of rain from Monday to Tuesday -- now they're saying maybe "only" 8.

I've done everything I could, so there's nothing left to do now but ... wait. (I almost wish it would just hurry up and get over with.)
Stay safe! It's calm here now - but the winds & rain are supposed to come back tonight - with temps dropping into the 30's F! Snow in the mountains.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #11360
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Our first cold snap. Low 50's this AM, high of only 69. Back up to 60/80 by Thursday though.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #11361
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Although we're well out of the path of Sandy here, the wind we're having is pretty frightening. We lost power for a couple of hours last evening. My mother's house, where I am these days, sits right up under LOTS of very big, old trees. I think the wind advisory continues through today and tonight.

All of you in more immediate danger, please pay attention and stay safe. It's a scary storm...
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #11362
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I got a phone call telling me not to go to work last night. I was really surprised, and the shipyard never closes. I've gone to work in the middle of blizzards and have even been called in to work during a hurricane (lost a car to that one). Today essential personal only are reporting for work. I'm glad, as the streets around the place are quite flooded, and I have no desire to sacrifice another car. Nathan Hale was a better man than I'll ever be. I'm quite content that so far I only have one car I've lost to my country.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	I regret that I have but one car to lose.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	95114  
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #11363
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Stay safe and best wishes to MR's on the mid-Atlantic East Coast.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #11364
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I got a phone call telling me not to go to work last night. I was really surprised, and the shipyard never closes. I've gone to work in the middle of blizzards and have even been called in to work during a hurricane (lost a car to that one). Today essential personal only are reporting for work. I'm glad, as the streets around the place are quite flooded, and I have no desire to sacrifice another car. Nathan Hale was a better man than I'll ever be. I'm quite content that so far I only have one car I've lost to my country.
I just checked in here to tell you (and anyone else out there) to STAY SAFE!

And why in the world were these guys out in this ship anyway with a storm approaching!

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/10/29/us...hip/index.html
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #11365
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Well - the Outer Banks are taking a beating from the winds & storm surge!

What are the odds that a late season hurricane would coincide with a full moon & its high tides - plus 2 winter storm systems - plus the jet stream in the oddest position I've ever seen - all pushing the storm ashore at Atlantic City? With tons of water!

We weathered the winds all weekend - now we're waiting to get the "backlash" after Sandy makes landfall and the rotation brings the wind & rain back to us. Snow already in the western mountains.

Very slow at work - as the Eastern & Mid-Atlantic seaboard businesses shut down.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #11366
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Well - the Outer Banks are taking a beating from the winds & storm surge!

What are the odds that a late season hurricane would coincide with a full moon & its high tides - plus 2 winter storm systems - plus the jet stream in the oddest position I've ever seen - all pushing the storm ashore at Atlantic City? With tons of water!

We weathered the winds all weekend - now we're waiting to get the "backlash" after Sandy makes landfall and the rotation brings the wind & rain back to us. Snow already in the western mountains.

Very slow at work - as the Eastern & Mid-Atlantic seaboard businesses shut down.
Hang in there. Don't get "spooked!"
Old 10-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #11367
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My ex-DIL and her litter spent the night riding out the storm, but she's gone back home now with all her little rug rats (including our grandson) in tow to feed their pregnant cat. I don't know if she'll be coming back this way today or not, but I'm always happy for any excuse to see her.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:21 AM   #11368
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Here's hoping everyone is well and safe after your little adventure !!!!

Why oh why was the Bounty at sea !?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:34 AM   #11369
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Why oh why was the Bounty at sea !?
That was exactly my question....
Old 10-31-2012, 01:14 PM   #11370
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

All other things being equal, a ship is safer at sea than it is in port during a major storm.

The crew is another matter.

Tags
clouds and lightning and, hugo and lefty