Notices

Old 02-04-2008, 12:45 AM   #1
alophind
Connoisseur
alophind began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Treo 650
Bookdesigner problem vs. html2lrf

Hi guys ,
First I want to hank Kovid for html2lrf and the latest fix , I've managed to create something I wanted for long time :-)

Now , for my question , I have an HTML with tables and pics inside it.

Whenever I open it in Book Designer , all the tables are gone and dont have the pics inside them (althought I didnt check the remove pics options) while when I use html2lrf the lrf comes out with no problem.

The reason I ask this is because I want to add TOC to the ebook I'm creating.

Any idea why ?

Thx.
alophind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:47 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
BD doesn't support tables. You can create a TOC using html2lrf either by manually creating links or creating an OPF file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2008, 03:39 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
A minor correction: BD does support tables, but not in the creation of Sony books. However, by default, BD will remove tables - if you want to preserve them you need to display the "Options" dialog and clear the "Remove Tables" check box, thn reload your file. You can then convert the tables into some suitable text alternative prior to creating your book.

With the default "Remove Tables" option, the tables will be stripped out entirely.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:44 AM   #4
alophind
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A minor correction: BD does support tables, but not in the creation of Sony books. However, by default, BD will remove tables - if you want to preserve them you need to display the "Options" dialog and clear the "Remove Tables" check box, thn reload your file. You can then convert the tables into some suitable text alternative prior to creating your book.

With the default "Remove Tables" option, the tables will be stripped out entirely.
Well , BD showed nothing where my tables were suppose to be when I removed that option and reloaded the book :-D
Old 02-04-2008, 11:45 AM   #5
alophind
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
BD doesn't support tables. You can create a TOC using html2lrf either by manually creating links or creating an OPF file.
Where can I find some info about OPF file and how does html2lrf read it ? Does it need the same name as the first html file or something to be used in the html2lrf process ?
Advert
Old 02-04-2008, 12:10 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the opf file should be in the same directory as the HTML file. WHen you convert a lit file to html using convertlit, it creates an opf file. It's a simple XML file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:12 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The easiest solution (IMHO) is to edit the HTML to add in the links to the chapters.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's perhaps worth noting that the freely-downloadable "MobiPocket Creator" is a very nice "GUI editor" for OPF files. Even if you don't use it to create MobiPocket books, it can very usefully be used to create or edit OPF files - eg to edit the metadata for a book, arrange the chapters, etc.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote