Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-03-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
sumoldtool
sumoldtool began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Does kobo Tier 2 support team exist ?

August 12 kobo wifi would not turn on, just a blank screen so the next day I open a ticket with kobo customer care. Being from Australia email seems to be the only means of contact. On the 17 August I received the following reply:

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting Kobo Customer Care. We have escalated this issue to our Tier 2 support team and you will receive an update via email shortly.

I have heard nothing since
I tried opening another ticket on 25 August, on the 30th August I received another reply:
Hi there,

We will be closing this ticket as you have another ticket open with the same issue. For the sake of clarity, we will close this ticket. If you have any questions or concerns, please respond to your other open ticket.

That was very helpful
23 days after initial request nothing!
sumoldtool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #2
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
One very frustrated visitor at the GetSatisfaction website had this to say "Tier 2 are mythical, unresponsive, unreachable hermits"
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
One very frustrated visitor at the GetSatisfaction website had this to say "Tier 2 are mythical, unresponsive, unreachable hermits"
It's hard to be responsive and reachable, if you don't exist.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I am a strong advocate for Kobo but I don't understand how these simple problems slip through. More than two business days without a response to the original query is just not acceptable.

How long have you owned your Kobo Wifi? Do you have your original receipt and can visit the store you purchased it at for a replacement? When you try charging it, does the charging light come on? Does it appear fully charged?

Perhaps a couple of folks here in the forum might be able to assist you in the meantime.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #5
sumoldtool

Purchased online from Borders US in Feb 2011 and have emailed a Jpeg my original receipt.
I am in Australia so no chance of store visit.
Blue light flashes when I try to charge it , screen blank, can access it via usb on computer.
Have always kept it in a cover and hasnt been dropped. tried resetting with paperclip with no luck.
thanks for the thought
Advert
Old 09-03-2011, 10:37 PM   #6
wes101
Zealot
wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo touch
unless its a touch they should have just filled out a rma for you instead of sending it to the tier 2, it was either a new person or lazy person
wes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:48 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Get Skype. Buy some credit and call them.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:22 PM   #8
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
I've always used email as the only number I can find anywhere is a free call 1800 number and I've never been able to successfully call them from overseas.

Am I missing a trick? Do freecall numbers work with Skype? Or is there a real number that I don't know about?
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:01 AM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
From Borders AU http://www.borders.com.au/contact-us

Quote:
24/7 KOBO Technical Support

For technical support for your Kobo eReader, iPad, iPhone or Borders desktop application please call the 1800 number below. Please note that this phone number is not for any queries relating to an order for physical books or the status of your order Kobo eReader or if you need to contact our stores

FREECALL: 1800 064 011

Kobo Technical Support: 24 hours a day, 7 Days a week.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:44 AM   #10
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Thanks for that Peter. Since all the Borders stores closed a few months ago I tend to forget that they still have their web presence in Australia.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:45 AM   #11
baggins
baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I had exactly the same problem. I purchased my KT from Borders US online and got the blank screen a day after I received it. I live in Israel, so calling Canada can be quite expensive.

It took Kobo a few days to respond to my ticket and refer me to their 2nd tier support, giving me a phone number to call. I called them and at the end of the call, they took my number and said they'll contact me. A day later I received a mail from their 2nd tier support and have been in email contact with them since then.
Once you get to them, they're quite responsive.
baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #12
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Tier 2 seems very hit and miss (mostly miss). Try posting at the Kobo GetSatisfaction help site (http://getsatisfaction.com/kobo) including your ticket #. That seems to be the best way to get noticed.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:07 AM   #13
coinín
dust bunny
coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Sony PRS-650, BlackBerry PlayBook
I am still waiting, too.

I mean, I know with my particular issue they might not be able to help (it's about my Kobo-powered Literati reader), but I'd at least like more than a form letter response.

5 days to get a form letter. I politely replied with more details and got another form letter the same afternoon, and nothing since. I first contacted them on Aug 25th.

It's a holiday weekend and I know the soonest I could possibly expect to hear from them now is Tuesday, and I rather expect it might take even longer because I suspect many of their staff won't be as familiar with this reader. For all I know, they're assiduously looking for someone who can give me some genuine assistance troubleshooting the problem, but it'd be nice to have some evidence that a real, live human being is actively looking at the issue. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now, but one does get a bit frustrated with stock replies and long waits.
coinín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #14
Nanopr
Connoisseur
Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Kobo Touch
Yes it does. I just got a month old issue successfully resolved with them. Definitely understaffed, but they are there.
Nanopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:42 PM   #15
sumoldtool

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Tier 2 seems very hit and miss (mostly miss). Try posting at the Kobo GetSatisfaction help site (http://getsatisfaction.com/kobo) including your ticket #. That seems to be the best way to get noticed.
Thanks for the link, will give it a shot this evening