Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 04-21-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
gastan
Addict
gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: LePan II, Kobo Aura
Any good Neo videos?

Can anyone point me to a good video review of the Neo that shows how the sketch function works on the Wacom screen?

I found one for the PocketBook 302 (which I am also seriously considering) but cannot find one for the Neo. The 302 seems to have significant lag between stylus imput and screen response and I am wondering how the Neo performs.
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
All eInk screens have a certain amount of lag, but it doesn't affect the speed of using it. Just carry on sketching, and the screen will "catch up" with you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:19 PM   #3
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo

around the 1:32 mark drawing on the screen is demonstrated.

Note that this is the Onyx Boox60 which is exactly the same product as the BeBook Neo.
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:14 PM   #4
gastan
Addict
gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: LePan II, Kobo Aura
Thanks for the video, AlfonsVH. That helped a lot.

HarryT ... I can see the lag with the Boox but it appears to be much more responsive than the PocketBook. From this video the lag time seems minimal. I'm guessing it must be a function of the Wacom screen.

The Neo is looking better and better. Unless something better (Pixel Qi, Mirasol, SiPix where are you?) comes along soon .................................

Last edited by gastan; 04-21-2010 at 09:19 PM.
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote