Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you happy with the Kindle 2 screen?
Yes, I think its better than Kindle 1 31 54.39%
Yes, its about the same as Kindle 1 14 24.56%
No, Background is to dark and the text is to light 11 19.30%
I don't own a Kindle, but am interested in the results 1 1.75%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2009, 12:11 PM   #16
radiationman
Connoisseur
radiationman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Does the K2 not "flash to black" between page turns to clear the entire screen?
While it flashes to black for a page turn, since the content of the bottom doesn't normally change with just a page turn it doesn't seem to get refreshed. However, the content of that lower bar is different in the Home Screen than it is when the reading a book so dropping back to the Home Screen will trigger that refresh.
radiationman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #17
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Matches, could you add an option to your poll along this line:

Adding such a line would allow those of us who are interested in following both the poll and the conversation but who do not own a Kindle to participate without skewing the poll results.
Hey rhadin,
on the right there's a text saying 'View Poll Results'.
clicking that will allow you to see the poll results.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2009, 12:25 PM   #18
kkun
kkun began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Being a new Kindle 2 owner, I just wanted to add that I do like the kindle 2 screen contrast. There is of course still some more left to be desired but it is satisfactory. I can't say much about being better than K1 because I only handled one for like 10 minutes about a month ago.
kkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:58 PM   #19
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
For those of you who have both the K2 and the PRS-505, which contrast is better?
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:12 AM   #20
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Matches, could you add an option to your poll along this line:

Adding such a line would allow those of us who are interested in following both the poll and the conversation but who do not own a Kindle to participate without skewing the poll results.
Did that and also put an end date so that this doesn't become one of those "endless polls".
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2009, 04:39 PM   #21
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Hey rhadin,
on the right there's a text saying 'View Poll Results'.
clicking that will allow you to see the poll results.
Thanks, ProDigit. I am aware of the button but the problem is that one can't view both the poll results and the conversation at the same time, which I like to do. It sometimes makes the conversation more meaningful to be able to see both together.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote