Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #76
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by apastuszak View Post
I just read this and got deeply disturbed that Amazon is not only DRMing their books, but watermarking them also... That is not cool.
I read the chat log, and I don't see anything regarding watermarking. What makes you think this is true?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #77
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I read the chat log, and I don't see anything regarding watermarking. What makes you think this is true?
Plus, Amazon is not pro-DRM. Most big publishers demand it, and it is there as an option for Indies, but Amazon sets the default to no DRM.

Jeff Bezos is on record saying he doesn't think DRM is helpful.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #78
QofResh
Enthusiast
QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Touch; Android Tablet (Asus TF300); PC App
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanHd View Post
For me the scary part is not that they banned her, it's that they refuse to disclose the reason and what evidence they have.
Here, here!
QofResh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #79
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
I don't even think it's possible for an organization so complex to be honest...
I guess, it's all about semantics here.
What you describe, I wouldn't call "dishonest".
Maybe inefficient or inconsistent. This obviously is true for all big corporates.
In German we say "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing".

But being "dishonest" would mean exactly the opposite: Kind of a "master plan", being incorporated through all divisions.
And this, I'm pretty sure, is impossible in any big organization.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote