Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-15-2012, 04:13 AM   #1
camperbc
Enthusiast
camperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five words

Device: PRS-T1
A (likely) dumb newbie question?

Can someone please tell me what the number in the upper left corner of the screen (in the dark bar) indicates, on my rooted T1? I never noticed it until today. There is a "2" there now, but I could have swore I saw a "5" there a while ago. Am I losing my marbles?

Glen

Last edited by dreams; 01-17-2012 at 11:41 PM. Reason: [edit - non-forum signature]
camperbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
camperbc
Enthusiast
camperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five words

*Update*

Yes, the numbers in the upper left corner do indeed continue to change, from 2 through 5; doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. It's likely something so simple, yet I just can't put my finger on what it signifies, for some reason. I am still hoping someone can please explain what these numbers mean?

Thanks,
Glen

Last edited by dreams; 01-17-2012 at 11:41 PM. Reason: [edit - non-forum signature]
Old 01-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Wouldn't it mean that you have two notifications you can view by poking the bubble?
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
camperbc
Enthusiast

Hi Rand,

Nope, the bubble can't be poked, and even when I have no notifications the number is ever changing. Other than this strange occurrence, everything else seems to function perfectly. It just bothers me that I cannot figure out something that is likely very simple.

Glen

Old 01-18-2012, 05:58 AM   #5
robyshot
Enthusiast
robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony Prs T1
usually on android a bubble with a number inside (2 or more) on the notification bar indicates that some app is being downloaded,pulling down the top bar should show what it mean; in my case when my feed app downloads the feeds it show that bubble
robyshot is offline   Reply With Quote