Old 08-22-2015, 05:46 AM   #1
nicopilami
Enthusiast
nicopilami began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
games on Glo HD ?

Hi everyone

I recently (yesterday ) bought a Kobo GLO HD, and I wonder
=> if there is a way to download and install the games that were present in the previous Kobo devices (ie. sudoku...) in this one.
edit: i already navigate to here but it seems it is not designed for the recent firmwares...

=> if the night mode KoboRoot.tgz is working on this device: I uploaded the file on the device, it restarted, but it does not seem to work.

Thanks a lot
Nico

Last edited by nicopilami; 08-22-2015 at 05:56 AM. Reason: added relation with another webpage
nicopilami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 06:02 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You don't have to download anything for sudoku, it's just there (under settings -> beta features). If it's not there then maybe you did not register with Kobo? Or circumvented registration using a method that does not work (you set the wrong user field to 0 or false which hides the beta features).
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2015, 06:16 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
No, for some reason Kobo haven't enabled any of the games on the Glo HD. They are in the firmware, but there are no links to them anywhere. It isn't hard to make a tile appear or them on the home screen by fiddling with the database. This was discussed when chess was taken off the beta page.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 06:19 AM   #4
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicopilami View Post
edit: i already navigate to here but it seems it is not designed for the recent firmwares...
Why does it seem so? Is it because it is said there "Firmware version required: 2.6.1 and above"?

Quote:
=> if the night mode KoboRoot.tgz is working on this device: I uploaded the file on the device, it restarted, but it does not seem to work.
Did you download the "original" hack or a modified version? And how do you toggle the nightmode between on and off?
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:18 AM   #5
nicopilami
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Why does it seem so? Is it because it is said there "Firmware version required: 2.6.1 and above"?
yes

Quote:
Did you download the "original" hack or a modified version?
the original one

Quote:
And how do you toggle the nightmode between on and off?
I tried by pushing the light button for a few seconds, and then I tried too bu pushing the home button for a few second. nothing of both worked, when I was in the reading mode.

Last edited by nicopilami; 08-22-2015 at 07:34 AM.
Advert
Old 08-22-2015, 07:31 AM   #6
nicopilami
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No, for some reason Kobo haven't enabled any of the games on the Glo HD. They are in the firmware, but there are no links to them anywhere. It isn't hard to make a tile appear or them on the home screen by fiddling with the database. This was discussed when chess was taken off the beta page.
=> would you please have a link please ?
Thanks
Old 08-22-2015, 07:47 AM   #7
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
yes
3.15.0, or what ever you haver is above 2.6.1. So pbchess should work.

Quote:
I tried by pushing the light button for a few seconds, and then I tried too bu pushing the home button for a few second. nothing of both worked, when I was in the reading mode.
I think in the context of night mode, light button means a physical button, which the Glo HD does not have. See this link for a possibility to toggle night mode on this model.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:10 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
=> would you please have a link please ?
Thanks
Play chess on firmware 3.15 has what you need.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:39 AM   #9
nicopilami
Enthusiast

Everything is fine now !
Thanks to all of your answers, and to those links : here
and here.

Thanks !
Bye
Nico

Last edited by nicopilami; 08-22-2015 at 10:23 AM.

Tags
games, glo hd, night mode