Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-20-2012, 06:15 AM   #1
islandmixed
islandmixed began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite (2012)
Question Screen flickering/blinking

Now I've had my kindle for two days now, honestly the pages turned so smoothy on day one. now every page turn is a flicker lol...even if i am in settings, the flickering is so annoying and i thought maybe mine was faulty. i researched and it seems this is normal???? i am shocked cause my android phone can read pages smoothly but its not easy on the eyes like this kindle.

is this normal? i have resetting kindle, turned off refresh pages and still the same.

thanks
islandmixed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:45 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The black flash between pages is an inherent part of eInk technology. 99.9% of users don't notice it after they've used an eInk device for a few hours - your brain just filters it out (the same as you aren't consciously aware of it "going black" every time you blink). In the settings on the Kindle you can change between a full refresh every page, and every 6 pages, although you'll get slightly more "ghosting" if you set it to every 6 pages.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Took me about 5 days to get used to it. Now I don't know what I would do without the black flash. I don't think I would know that page had turned!

;-)
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote