Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
How to remove additional line spacing on Kindle fire

Hi guys. I hope this is a quick fix... I have a huge calibre library and have just started reading some .mobi files on my kindle fire which, when viewed through the KF stock reading app have a formatting problem which is very irritating.

On the KF, the reading app displays effectively one line of text (which happens to wrap) then two carriage returns, then the next line of text.

When I double-check in my calibre library, launching either the .lit version or the .mobi version of the file it views properly on the mac. e.g., lines wrap nicely without extra carriage returns, natural breaks at the paragraph view properly.

Anyone know what the fix is to this?
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

That is not normal for the Kindle Fire. I suspect calibre is doing something strange to the book during conversion. Have you looked at the HTML for the book to see if extra <P></P> or <BR /> tags have been added?
Advert
Old 05-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
That is not normal for the Kindle Fire. I suspect calibre is doing something strange to the book during conversion. Have you looked at the HTML for the book to see if extra <P></P> or <BR /> tags have been added?
I think you are right that its something with Calibre. I have an android phone as well as the fire, and the extra spacing came in when I was opening the file with the Kindle app for android or the kindle app for the fire, but not if I opened it with something like FBReader... I solved the problem by taking the file on the phone, emailing it to my me@kindle.com address so that Amazon could do its mobi reformatting thing, then opening in the kindle app on either device the formatting was fine.

This was the first time I ever had problems with the kindle app screwing up spacing in mobi files.
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote