Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
GerG
GerG began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Which is faster?

Hi all, I've had my reader for about a year now and I just noticed it took a while to open only one book up. I'm just wondering is it because I'm using the readers memory? I only have a few books on it so its not like it is almost full. But is it better to store my books on the reader's memory or should I go to the SD-Card and would that help solve the opening issue?

Thanks.
GerG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Could just be the book... different books can take differing amounts of time depending on type of book, quality of production, embedded fonts, layout etc.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I second 'elcreative' that the type of book and formatting of the book can cause longer load times.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:32 AM   #4
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
PDFs should be the fastest to open, as no pre formatting is needed.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #5
franklu
franklu began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yes,PDF is the fastest.
franklu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert