Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-14-2013, 10:25 PM   #46
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloseven View Post
kaikara, can you confirm whether or not the new firmware properly updates the current chapter in the Table of Contents (i.e. it marks the current chapter as the currently open chapter)?
I know the last beta version we had did not so I would be surprised if it did now.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #47
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Nothing for my Glo here in Oz yet either, but I'm not quite sure if I want to be an early adopter...
Maybe we should do a poll: Who has turned the WiFi off to make sure they don't get the update, and who is checking every five minutes hoping they do get it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:04 PM   #48
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Nothing for my Glo here in Oz yet either, but I'm not quite sure if I want to be an early adopter...
Heh, yeah I hear you, but I just can't resist a new firmware and am willing to accept the risk of trying it out.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:21 AM   #49
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Is this upgrade for the Kobo Touch, or just the Glo?
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:07 AM   #50
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It should be for both. The application side of the firmware is identical between the Glo, Touch and Mini. The boot image and maybe the kernal are different. So far, Kobo have updated all three devices at the same time. But, they do stagger the rollot-out around the world.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:48 AM   #51
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Mrs_Often, PeterT, thanks: yes, it is just the firmware I have in mind, and i am asking because there is no direct link to the Mini in the thread you mention, at least not for 2.3.1 for Mini that I am on - so I thought perhaps there were firmware files on the device that I could copy in case I wanted to re-instate the 2.3.1 version (which seems to be working fine so far).
I think the Glo version is also for Mini. But I'm not 100% sure.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:22 AM   #52
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
I think the Glo version is also for Mini. But I'm not 100% sure.
Thank you - that is what I suspect, too, but as i am still unfamiliar with my Mini, I hate the thought of bricking it: it would be good if somebody would confirm they've installed that firmware version on their Mini.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:23 AM   #53
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
I am afraid i will never know! When I bought it I followed the instructions to set it up, which included a sync (I had already an account with Kobo, I tend to buy my books there instead than Amazon on a matter of principle), so i do not know whether it downloaded a new firmware version or whether it came with the device. I still have the box the reader came in, but there is no date that i can read anywhere on the box.
If memory serves, you've bought yours a little bit before I took one, albeit not in the same country. Mine came with 2.1.5 and updated when started for the first time. If you want, we can compare serial numbers by PM and try to see if yours is actually "older".

Edit
Quote:
it would be good if somebody would confirm they've installed that firmware version on their Mini.
I just connected to WIFI and synced, no update so far. It's still 2.3.1 (r45611, 12/7/12)

Last edited by samhy; 02-15-2013 at 05:30 AM.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:55 AM   #54
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
If memory serves, you've bought yours a little bit before I took one, albeit not in the same country. Mine came with 2.1.5 and updated when started for the first time. If you want, we can compare serial numbers by PM and try to see if yours is actually "older".

Edit
I just connected to WIFI and synced, no update so far. It's still 2.3.1 (r45611, 12/7/12)
Thanks samhy, I'll PM you my serial number - as for "that" I was referring to the link to the 2.3.1 firmware version for the Glo: I was wondering whether any Mini user had installed it successfully, in which case it would be part of my backup plan in case the 2.4.0 update goes awry.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #55
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
For 2.4.0, for side loaded epubs, what are sort of display is there for reading progress? When it shows the progress bar (on the reading menu), does it have ticks for chapters so you know chapter progress?

Thanks.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #56
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I sideloaded 2.4.0 to my Glo, haven't tested it much yet but:

wrong-page bug seems to be fixed.
table of contents chapter updating bug seems to be fixed.

and a new bug: series sort is broken. The series information is displayed, but books are not listed in series order for either title or author lists.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #57
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hi everyone,

Sorry for having been incommunicado for the last little while. v2.4.0 has started to roll out to some units. We will be doing a wider rollout next week.

Also, MDK is on vacation so the customary release notice was not posted to Mobile Read and none of us thought to do it. Thanks to the OP for starting the thread.

This release includes new Storage Management features which are meant to give you even more control over your library and syncing.

Even more new features and other improvements are scheduled for upcoming release so stay tuned.

@Mrs_Often: You should be able to filter your library to show only books that are on your device (i.e. hide the ones with the download arrows). This should help you with the clutter.

I'm happy to answer questions as I'm able.

Thanks!
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #58
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I sideloaded 2.4.0 to my Glo, haven't tested it much yet but:

wrong-page bug seems to be fixed.
table of contents chapter updating bug seems to be fixed.

and a new bug: series sort is broken. The series information is displayed, but books are not listed in series order for either title or author lists.

Sideloaded it? where did you download it from? got a link?
[edit] nm got it
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #59
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Do you remember a question I asked a couple of weeks ago about whether title sorting should include the series info? Guess what prompted that. It's not a bug.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #60
Simba51
Simba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo & Kobo Mini
I confirm that sorts by the series does not work, it's annoying ...
the bug back to the right page apès standby or back to the main menu has been fixed.
Bug changing font size with each new chapter has been fixed.
The display and refresh pages appear faster.
The plug-in does not work.
Still no progress bar book and chapter to epub .. Snifff!
this is my first quick tests.
I have not tested the new features that I'm still struggling to understand their workings.
Simba51 is offline   Reply With Quote