Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-22-2010, 10:22 AM   #1
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Read an E-Book Week for 2010

Read an E-Book Week is March 7-13 this year, and Rita's site is freshly cleaned and polished for 2010 (with a bit of my assistance). I urge all MR members to check the site out, to see a bit of the face Rita is putting out to the public. A few MR members can be seen in select places on the site, as well as written contributions from MR members and others, and from the MR site itself.

In addition, REBW is still getting support from the likes of E Ink and Sony, and new e-book producers and retailers are contacting her every week to find out how they can be involved! You can contact her as well, and check out the Promotions page for suggestions you might be able to do for REBW2010. And this year, if you can write up your thoughts on E Ink screens, or on what feature most interests you about e-book readers, you might win an E Ink watch! Details on the Contest page.

So stop by Rita's site, and lend your support!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

(bump)

Yes, because I want youse guys to see the site, see! I want youse to know about the contest, see! I wants to see Rita give away 2 E Ink watches (because, if no one enters, she'll have to give one to me, see!) I wants to hear MR members say, "Hey, that's a great site to draw in new readers! I gotta tell my buds!" See?
Advert
Old 01-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #3
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Got it Steve, thanks
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post

Read an E-Book Week is March 7-13 this year, and Rita's site is freshly cleaned and polished for 2010 (with a bit of my assistance). I urge all MR members to check the site out, to see a bit of the face Rita is putting out to the public. A few MR members can be seen in select places on the site, as well as written contributions from MR members and others, and from the MR site itself.

In addition, REBW is still getting support from the likes of E Ink and Sony, and new e-book producers and retailers are contacting her every week to find out how they can be involved! You can contact her as well, and check out the Promotions page for suggestions you might be able to do for REBW2010. And this year, if you can write up your thoughts on E Ink screens, or on what feature most interests you about e-book readers, you might win an E Ink watch! Details on the Contest page.

So stop by Rita's site, and lend your support!
Wait! What? You mean I *must* limit myself to reading an e-book a week??? Whyinsamhell would I *punish* myself to such a degree?!?

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:00 PM   #5
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Wait! What? You mean I *must* limit myself to reading an e-book a week??? Whyinsamhell would I *punish* myself to such a degree?!?
I was thinking more that it was enforced fast sort of thing like Lent. By limiting your pleasure to a single e-book for the week you can better reflect on what life has become.

But I agree Derek, I'm just too much of a hedonist to limit myself to a single e-book for a week

--
-jim
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2010, 04:48 PM   #6
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Oh... wise guys, eh? why, I oughtta...
Old 01-22-2010, 05:18 PM   #7
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Oh... wise guys, eh? why, I oughtta...
Yeah? Yeeeaaaahhhh??? You got sumtin' to say to me???

Derek

P.S. You *DO* know, don't you, that you're interrupting my 'e-book-per-week' time?
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #8
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Thanks for the link Steve - nicely put together website. Won't participate in the "eBook week" though - 1 book just won't see me through it
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:41 PM   #9
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-15-2010 at 06:39 PM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:46 PM   #10
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-15-2010 at 06:39 PM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:55 PM   #11
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
I'd love to help, but reading a ebook in a week seems a bit rushed

Last edited by AprilHare; 01-22-2010 at 06:01 PM.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:22 PM   #12
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post

Derek
It's read an ebook in that one week, not limit yourself to one for the rest of the year. You just have to find one that will last you the whole week.

Atlas Shrugged is now available as a legit ebook. Or you could get the Sherlock Holmes Omnibus here at MR. (If Wikipedia is turned into an epub file, does it count as 1 ebook?)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:27 PM   #13
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Nice, Steve, thank you for keeping us informed.

I did note something.. I thought this site was MobileRead (mobileread) but saw it listed as Mobile Reads?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	343
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	44070
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:22 AM   #14
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
Oh, serious point.

It says: "Give us a paragraph, or two, about what you think of the readability of the screen in different light, what you think of the technology, and how you would like to see it evolve. Perhaps you've used an e-book reader with an e-ink screen and one without e-ink technology. Do a comparison. Include any other comment you'd like to share."

I hate e-ink screens. The big selling point is that they work great in direct light but I read in the office and in bed, neither of which are that well lit. I just wonder if this is supposed to be a pro-e-ink contest. I'd score non-e-ink over e-ink every time but I can't believe that's supposed to be the result of my analysis. Hmm. I have been reading e-books for a long time though so I might just be used to it.

I agree with this. Although I personally wouldn't spit on a non-e-Ink reader if it were on fire, I can see that many people are partial to their LCD screens.
Many people enjoy reading on their iPhones, etc.
Otherwise it's a great idea. I'll try to contribute. Let's try to get the industry to sponsor with some freebies, eh?
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:46 AM   #15
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
I hate e-ink screens. The big selling point is that they work great in direct light but I read in the office and in bed, neither of which are that well lit. I just wonder if this is supposed to be a pro-e-ink contest. I'd score non-e-ink over e-ink every time but I can't believe that's supposed to be the result of my analysis. Hmm. I have been reading e-books for a long time though so I might just be used to it.
I'm probably not going to submit anything to that since I have so little to say about E-Ink that is positive. Since the site seems to be getting support from E-Ink or at least is trying to establish some kind of relationship, I figure heavy criticism will be pretty unwelcome (though every site will claim to welcome all viewpoints, reality doesn't actually play out that way).
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010, e-book, read an e-book week