Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-30-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Collection's order on my 505 is completely reversed

I noticed yesterday that a new series I put in my 505 was sorted backwards. The last book in the series appeared first and so on. So today I deleted all the book on my device and copied them again from Calibre to the device. Now all series are sorted upside-down. Is that a bug or a setting I don't know about or maybe a malfunctioning reader?

Thanks for any help
Dave
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:18 PM   #2
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
I believe that the 505 sorts items in a collection by the date & time that they were sent to the device. So to get them to display in the correct order, where top is item 1, I send them from Calibre to the 505 individually in sequence (1, 2, 3 etc). I'm not sure what order Calbre will send them if you select all the items in a collection and press send, or whether this is affected by the current sorting in Calibre.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #3
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Nope. Up till now Calibre sorted series on my device based on their order in the library. Now it sorts them completely reversed, regardless of the date I added them (best example I have of this is the Discworld series. I have about 12 books of the series, and up till now Calibre sorted them perfectly fine).

Anyway the way you describe sounds very tiresome, especially when you have more than a few books (I have a few over a hundred, most part of some sort of a series).
Old 01-30-2010, 05:27 PM   #4
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Have you tried holding the 505 upside down?
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:41 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Berk View Post
I noticed yesterday that a new series I put in my 505 was sorted backwards. The last book in the series appeared first and so on. So today I deleted all the book on my device and copied them again from Calibre to the device. Now all series are sorted upside-down. Is that a bug
It's not a bug it's a feature.

Delete them again, then ensure they are in order in Calibre before you send them to the device.

All you have to do to ensure your series are in order on your reader is for the last thing you do prior to sending them to the reader is to sort on the series column. Make sure they are in proper order in Calibre before you highlight and send them to the reader.

I usually sort on the Author to put them in Alphabet order. Then sort on the tags for fun and last but not least I sort on the series column to make sure they are in series order.

This works every time. Of course if you like them backward the series column will allow you to put them in reverse order as well, but you know that.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2010, 01:40 AM   #6
Dave Berk
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
It's not a bug it's a feature.

Delete them again, then ensure they are in order in Calibre before you send them to the device.

All you have to do to ensure your series are in order on your reader is for the last thing you do prior to sending them to the reader is to sort on the series column. Make sure they are in proper order in Calibre before you highlight and send them to the reader.

I usually sort on the Author to put them in Alphabet order. Then sort on the tags for fun and last but not least I sort on the series column to make sure they are in series order.

This works every time. Of course if you like them backward the series column will allow you to put them in reverse order as well, but you know that.
Thanks. I'm off to try that.