Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
ebirkenes
ebirkenes began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Locking metadata fields?

Hi

I love Calibre and I've started importing all my books into it (several hundred).

The metadata downloader is great, but I have a few annoying problems with it. I make sure the title and author is correct before I try to download, but Calibre still often selects the wrong book and then changes the title and author, even though it was both correct to begin with and was also found in the search.

For example, if I download metadata for The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho, it will autoselect 'The Alchemist (Thorsons Audio)' as title and 'Paolo Coelho and Samuel West (Narrator)' as author, even though there are several exact matches on both the title and author!

(I know that I can select another book manually, but thats not the point. Thats fine when you add one or two books, but is completely out of the question when you add many books at the same time.)

Is there a way to lock individual fields of the metadata so that they will not be changed by the downloader? Or force a perfect match on some fields? Or a way to let certain field carry more weight than others in the search?

If not maybe that would be a good idea for an improvement in the future?
ebirkenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:56 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Open a ticket requesting the enhancement.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert