Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
woodyear99
woodyear99 is on a distinguished road

Device: NookColor
Made a mistake rooting my Nook Color

Ok I have 2 nook color models for family members. I successfully rooted one yesterday and did the other one today.

I made a mistake with the 2nd one, I forgot to update to 1.0.1 :s and used the wrong file auto nooter 2.12.18 file 18 Dec 2010 on the SD card. Funny thing it went through fine and it was rooted properly.

My question is can this cause any problems? Can I just run the B&N firmware update on 1.0.1 from the SD card even though the device is already rooted or would that be a bad idea?

Last edited by woodyear99; 12-23-2010 at 07:30 PM.
woodyear99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I would do a factory reset on the one you messed up on, update it, and root it properly.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 07:54 PM   #3
woodyear99

Thanks

Last edited by woodyear99; 12-23-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
woodyear99

Well I was able to hard reset by restarting it 8 times and I did a soft reset with the power + home keys.

It is in the original state however I am getting a weird issue. I made sure to put the Sideload_update.zip in the main folder but it never starts updating.

Any idea on what I am doing wrong? The other Nook Color updated pretty much immediately after unplugging from the PC

Last edited by woodyear99; 12-23-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:11 AM   #5
woodyear99

I left it on for an hour hoping it would do the update, no luck...
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 01:22 AM   #6
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
I just performed this and it worked fine, took it just a few minutes of leaving it alone to take off on it's own. Are you sure that you have the ZIP file in the root of the Nook Color's permanent memory (not on the SDcard), not inside any folder? Did you attempt to let the Nook sleep, they mention that might trigger it.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:03 AM   #7
woodyear99

Yeah I tried that, odd indeed the other Nook Color I have updated just fine.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:43 AM   #8
woodyear99

Issue solved by using a different computer to transfer the file.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #9
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyear99 View Post
Issue solved by using a different computer to transfer the file.
That's interesting. Glad it's resolved.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:14 PM   #10
woodyear99

Hmm I noticed that the stock nook color does not show up under my computer. Could it be that because I did the usb adb setup guide, my pc will no longer recognize stock nooks?

http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_USB_ADB
Old 12-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #11
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyear99 View Post
Hmm I noticed that the stock nook color does not show up under my computer. Could it be that because I did the usb adb setup guide, my pc will no longer recognize stock nooks?

http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_USB_ADB
I don't see why that would be an issue. The computer should just recognize it as a storage device. What operating system are you using?