Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #541
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I just spent two hours going through my likes on Facebook and readding them to the news feed. This is the only way to get Interests lists working again! Facebook you suck!

The news feed no longer exists for me. I refused to use it now. I added the real people I know to the close friends list. I will use that instead.

So now I can once again keep up with the authors, publishers and deals and freebies on my interests lists it taken me a few years to perfect.

Soooo if you are missing some pages from your interests list now you know why.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #542
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Here is another back list title from Lynette Vinet

.99 cents

Pirates Golden Promise by Lynette Vinet
Previously published under the name of Love's Golden Promise 1987 Leisure Books
http://www.amazon.com/Pirates-Golden.../dp/B00FAPCS28

Quote:
Wynter McChesney, daughter of the wealthiest man in Cotswold, England, finds herself suddenly penniless when her scheming half-sister takes both their father's inheritance and Wynter's fiance. Determined to buy back her ancestral home, Wynter turns to the only man who can lend the vast sum needed. But the collateral the arrogant Captain Cort Van Linden demands is ... her!

Then an act of piracy on the high seas leaves her at Cort's mercy -- and in his wild embrace, Wynter discovers she will give anything to know the achingly sweet fulfillment of her pirate's golden promise.

Originally published by Leisure Books as LOVE'S GOLDEN PROMISE.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #543
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free @ Amazon

ARE YOU LONESOME TONIGHT? by Bobby Hutchinson
(Running Wild)
Former Title: Gentleman Caller
Dorchester Love Spell 2002
Note: *squeals* This is the book I was planning on buying a few days ago but got too sick to remember to actually buy it!! I've already bought the other one for $0.99 cents and the other one in the series was free the other day. I mean just look at the plot. The heroine is a phone sex operator! A phone sex operator! OMG I miss Love Spells!

Daisies are Forever by Sydell Voeller

Haunting Ellie by Patti Berg
Avon 1997

Baby, Be Mine (Holiday Brides Series) by Ginny Baird

Hubby brought me some Swahn's Birthday cake ice cream! He so knows me. As Stephanie Plum says nothing can make you feel better than Birthday cake!

Last edited by Blossom; 10-25-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #544
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Here is another back list title from Lynette Vinet

.99 cents

Pirates Golden Promise by Lynette Vinet
Previously published under the name of Love's Golden Promise 1987 Leisure Books
http://www.amazon.com/Pirates-Golden.../dp/B00FAPCS28
Just grabbed it for the price I don't care if goes free later it's says Pirate on it and that's a autobuy for me.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #545
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
First off, I hope you're feeling better and having a better day today! Second, hope you get your HDX problem resolved. *hugs you*

Now, this Inside Out Trilogy Series. From some research, does this sound like correct reading order to you [since you've read them]?
Lisa Renee Jones – Inside Out Series
1 If I Were You
1.1 Rebecca’s Lost Journals: The Seduction
1.2 Rebecca’s Lost Journals: The Contract
1.3 Rebecca’s Lost Journals: His Submissive
1.4 Rebecca’s Lost Journals: My Master
2 Being Me
2.1 The Master Undone
3 Revealing Us

I saw too that this is now going to be a TV series. I wonder if she'll release all the books in an omnibus then? Just wondering if I should hold off, since, gee, it's not like I don't have any other series to finish, read, start, continue. LOL
Yes that's it. She is currently casting for it but it's going to be on Starz of all channels. So I don't think many will get to see it.
There's another novella coming in February.

I don't know if there will be a bundle. I guess that's up to the publisher's

In the mean time you could go read her Walker Security series which two of the heroes make an cameo in this series. All those books were freebies so you should have them.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:22 PM   #546
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I've been eyeing Cottonwood myself. I got the sample but haven't read it yet.

Ha, I remember that review of yours!
I don't know yet. However I am eying it myself.

FYI, everyone R. Lee Smith's books are now on BN.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:12 AM   #547
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yes that's it. She is currently casting for it but it's going to be on Starz of all channels. So I don't think many will get to see it.
There's another novella coming in February.

I don't know if there will be a bundle. I guess that's up to the publisher's

In the mean time you could go read her Walker Security series which two of the heroes make an cameo in this series. All those books were freebies so you should have them.
Got chance to drop in, but too doped up to do more than bookmark this till morning and *Thanks* for the recs!

I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:45 AM   #548
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
I feel like I am on a roll, I found another free book: Violet Among The Roses by Janet Miller

Three thousand years ago Narcissus was too self-absorbed to love anyone but himself. Trapped in a statue in a public park, he never expected this to change...but then a little girl named Violet stared into his face and called him "Nick". Now a grown woman whose boyfriend dumped her after she lost her job, Violet is in serious need of a friend—and lover—and Nick wants to be both to her.

The goddess Aphrodite has made him human for two nights and a day. Will that be long enough for Nick to learn the true meaning of love, so he can earn his freedom and a place by Violet's side?

I know that is is a first book in a series but I just love books with mythological characters.

Auntykatkat
Old 10-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #549
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Here are a couple of Amazon freebies that might be good:

Sapphire Universe This doesn't look like a Sci-Fi despite it's title.

For the Love of Gracie I can't quite figure out what's going on with this book given the blurb, but there is an HEA, no cliffhanger, and it gets 4+ stars on Goodreads. EDITED TO ADD - oops this isn't free anymore, so one-clickers beware!

Meant To Be This isn't rated as highly as the above two, and for those who have trouble with breaking the law this probably isn't for you. But it is an MC book, FWIW.

Strangers Looks like lots of angst, but pretty highly rated, also.

Well, since they're free, what can we lose??

Last edited by Jane A; 10-26-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #550
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Free @ Amazon

Eye of the Beholder by Jackie Weger
Harlequin Temptation 1987

Falling for the Good Guy by Violet Duke
(Nice Girl to Love, Book Two)
New York Times & USA Today Bestselling Indie Author
Old 10-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #551
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
I feel like I am on a roll, I found another free book: Violet Among The Roses by Janet Miller

I know that is is a first book in a series but I just love books with mythological characters.

Auntykatkat
Back when I was reading a lot of indie authors Janet Miller/Cricket Starr was one of my favorites. Thanks for the link!

I'm pretty sure Gena Showalter had a book with a similar theme - it might have been a series too. If you haven't already read it, ping me and I'll find the title. I remember it was one of the first books of hers that I read (back when things were mostly in print )
Old 10-27-2013, 07:12 AM   #552
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Back when I was reading a lot of indie authors Janet Miller/Cricket Starr was one of my favorites. Thanks for the link!

I'm pretty sure Gena Showalter had a book with a similar theme - it might have been a series too. If you haven't already read it, ping me and I'll find the title. I remember it was one of the first books of hers that I read (back when things were mostly in print )
No need, I have read those as well.

Auntykatkat

Well, I found another like it for 0.99
Chasing Terpsichore (Muses Across Time) by Maggie Mitchell If you would rather have epub it is at ARe

Last edited by auntykatkat; 10-27-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #553
auntykatkat
Evangelist

Ok, I am on a roll... found some more freebies.

Loving a Fairy Godmother by Danielle Monsch

Tiernan is one of a kind. Beyond the divine dimples, killer blue eyes, and hard muscled body, Tiernan is also the only Fairy Godfather. Most of the Fairy Godmothers have no problem with keeping Tiernan around, but Reina isn’t like most Fairy Godmothers.

Amongst Fairy Godmothers, Reina is the best. Organized, efficient, logical. So why is it when Tiernan is around, all those qualities fly out the window? Reina doesn’t like that one infuriating male makes her lose control, and just wants him gone. Circumstances arise that just might let her get her wish, though not in a way she ever wanted.

Tiernan is given an assignment and told either get a Happily Ever After for a woman named Cinderella or he will no longer be a Fairy Godfather. Reina is going with him to supervise, but if Tiernan gets his way, he’ll get her to admit Happily Ever Afters can also happen to Fairy Godmothers.

Everblue by Brenda Pandos this book is free and it also a part of whipersync with the audible version for 1.99

Dive into Everblue, Book #1 in Mer Tales, winner of Best I've Read in 2011

She wanted her life to change ... he wanted his to stay the same.

Seventeen-year-old Ashlyn Lanski is tired of her boring, single life. Swimming and spending time with Tatiana, her best friend, are her only sanctuary. The girls plan to leave their drab lakeside town far behind for college, and Ash hopes to finally ditch her longtime crush for Finley, Tatiana's twin brother. But when Tatiana and her family fail to return home after a family emergency, Ashlyn chooses to do something drastic to find them.

Finley Helton and his family are good at blending in as they run their sailing charter business in Lake Tahoe. But together, they guard an ancient secret. When a not so routine meeting forces Finley, Tatiana and their mother to return to Natatoria and Fin's father on a dangerous mission, Fin can't stay caged up for long.

Secrets lurk beneath the deep blue waters of Lake Tahoe, and a simple lifesaving kiss could change their lives forever.

Auntykatkat
Old 10-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #554
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I know several of us are waiting for the big Entangled Brazen $0.99 Daily Deal. This ain't it.
Is this a real expected thing... any guesses on if it will happen before current Kobo codes expire? I have some codes burning a hole in my pocket, but only for books $4 or less...
Old 10-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #555
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Sunday Confessions

I'll go first since I was bad this week, double my budget but, eh, what are ya gonna do?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Books 2013 10 27.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	114069
Book Buys this week: 18 books, $30
Obsession – Jennifer Lyon – read=3.5
Convicted - Aleatha Romig
Trust in Me – J. Lynn – read=4
Allegiant – Veronica Roth
Strip Me Bare – Marissa Carmel
Jake Undone - Penelope Ward