Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #22336
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
(thank you for the good wishes )

Back again in Aswan.This night it was quiet after the demonstrations; I did go to the reception and ask security what it was......politics? And stayed alert till it had calmed down.

Abu Simbel was stunningly beautiful. That they manage to relocate these two temples is a small miracle. On our way back we saw trucks with lots of camels in it: camelheads bobbing above the railing........very funny.

Almost on the end of my journey. I have seen things more impressive and beautiful than I could have imagined or could have seen on any film or book. But.....it is not for the fainthearted: the tourism has gone down to 20 to 30 % and the vendors everywhere are extremely pushy to sell their wares.

Tonight I'll go on the night train to Caïro. Tomorrow a day's sightseeing in the Islamic part of the town ( that is: our hotel is not far from the Tahrir square, but it should be fine.). Tomorrow night a plane from Caïro to Amsterdam.

In a few weeks I'll post my blog and see if I can find a nice photo for the forum. I made the members of the group take my photo with all mayor sights....Cheops, tombs etc.

Last edited by desertblues; 11-30-2012 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Wrong town......not Assam but Aswan, excuse
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #22337
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
The vendors were pushy when I was there about 5 years ago. It is hard to imagine them being more pushy. We did tip more then the guide books recommended. I just couldn't bring myself to leave a $20 tip for the entire cruise staff.

I can't wait to see the pictures. Brings back memories.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #22338
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
(thank you for the good wishes )

Back again in Assam. This night it was quiet after the demonstrations; I did go to the reception and ask security what it was......politics? And stayed alert till it had calmed down.

It's sort of exciting to be in a country in the troes of rebellion. I was living in Thailand during the last coup, with armed soldiers posted all over town, armored vehicles clanking up and down small streets. There was no violence other than some shouting and sign waving, and I certainly was more comfortable than I was in Saigon during Tet back in the day. You must be having some wonderful experiences!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #22339
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My Aunt and Uncle were in Egypt during the uprising. They got stuck at the airport for two or three days and had limited information about what was happening out in the streets. We were a bit worried about what was happening and all breathed a huge sigh of relief when they were in the air.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:52 AM   #22340
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

I love a good Pu Erh. I am on my third cup and it tastes great. It helps that I have my tea kettle in the office and can get the water properly hot. I am being good and having a cup of water in between each cup of tea. I know that water helps you feel more full which should help me in my attempt to lose 20 pounds.

I am trying to keep my calorie count to a maximum of 1900 calories, which would cause me to lose weight without exercise. The good thing is that I am getting back into the exercise habit and manage to hit about 1400 calories a day. Not bad.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #22341
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Scary stuff, desertblues, but exciting as well. Keep well, and I look forward to some pictures.

Good goal, ProfCrash. I wish I could enjoy Pu Erh more, but it just doesn't work for me somehow. I'm struggling these last few days to stick with tea and not just get lazy and drink diet coke. The good news is, I'm back on a regular exercise routine - pool every other day, stationary bike the alternate days. With Saturdays open to discussion, depending on weather, etc. And Sunday off.

Lapsang Souchong. But later, I'll join poohbear_nc in some Talisker.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #22342
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, before the Talisker, some more tea. I'll pay tonight, but I need something!

So, some Peet's Russian Caravan. A blend of China Blacks, with a fair amount of Lapsang Souchong and maybe a hint of Bergamot? IAC, very nice for a wet, miserable afternoon.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #22343
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The falling leaves drift by the window
The autumn leaves of red and gold
I see your lips, the summer kisses
The sun-burned hands I used to hold

Since you went away the days grow long
And soon I'll hear old winter's song
But I miss you most of all my darling
When autumn leaves start to fall

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMN3uk7zeBA )

Good morning, everyone! Another beautiful morning! I woke up early and too a quick 4k brisk walk around the neighborhood, and now back to have my breakfast. The East India Company was kind enough to produce "Royal Breakfast" tea for me, and along with a bowl of rice and miso soup, more than enough to get me going. Lots to do today... make copies of songs for my students, practice playing said songs...(I realized that although I now know how to play them, I never paid attention to the words. Gotta learn those!) then off to Starbucks for some ice tea and an hour's read before I head to the Education Center for my class.

I realized this morning when getting out of the shower, I can no longer 'pinch an inch' at my waist. That was a catch phrase 30 years ago for some diet product, perhaps "Metracal." I remember that my aunt tried to lose weight by drinking Metracal, but instead of substituting it for her lunch, she drank it ALONG with her lunch, and put on more weight! I've been diligent. My wife made candied chestnuts last night and I only ate one small one!

Stitchawl
Old 11-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #22344
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Water in my cup. 15 more minutes of working and then I am going to stop for the evening.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #22345
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Time for Talisker here!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #22346
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Time for Talisker here!
Here too!!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:49 AM   #22347
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Wuyi Sham Ti Kwan Ying Oolong today. I am trying to be good and drink a cup of water in between tea refills. I love having my kettle at work again. The tea tastes so much better and I don't have to nuke my water. The hot water dispenser is at home so we have water ready for Lucas' bottles.

I can't believe he is 5 months old.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #22348
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Wuyi Sham Ti Kwan Ying Oolong today.
Here is Kwan Yin as I saw her yesterday yesterday at a temple dedicated to her. Actually 'she' is a 'he,' but that's another story... I'm celebrating with a glass of Lemon and Lime juice with just a bit of sugar!

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Momiji3.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	96982  
Old 11-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #22349
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Here is Kwan Yin as I saw her yesterday yesterday at a temple dedicated to her. Actually 'she' is a 'he,' but that's another story... I'm celebrating with a glass of Lemon and Lime juice with just a bit of sugar!

Stitchawl
what! wait! I always thought Kwan Yin was a Lady that had been wronged by her brothers!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #22350
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Finished my beverage and am preparing a cup of water. Chocolate milk will be consumed during lunch

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?