Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-29-2007, 02:19 AM   #16
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
One reason I think we have shortages is that the Vizplex screen is only made by PVI and because of all the different devices using the same screen, there is a shortage of screens. We have the 505, Gen3, Kindle, V3, NuuT, STARiBOOk, and some others all using the same Vizplex screen. So now I think we'll be having a shortage of these screens and that is what (IMHO) is causing the problem.
So, you're saying that my idea about the N810 is probably correct, yeah?

Seriously, yeah, what you say is a fly in the ointment. Being Dymocks (I'm not fond of them through their continual bad service, but, of course, I buy from them if they've got what I'm after), I suspect they'll over-promise and under-deliver.

~sigh~ Why you gotta go ruin my buzz, Jon? Why?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:45 AM   #17
mcramer
Kiwi reader
mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad, iPhone
It certainly makes sense. I might make a few calls before going to LA to make sure that the Sony shops that will be closest to me have any stock.

Of course if Dymocks announce that the device they are releasing is a Cybook then I may wait until I'm next in Oz......

C'mon Dec 1 - I fly out Dec 2 so it's cutting it pretty fine

Marc (yes another one )
mcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:11 AM   #18
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
NuuT, STARiBOOk, and some others all using the same Vizplex screen.

Where can I find info about them? I didn't know they use eInk!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 02:13 PM   #19
mcramer
Kiwi reader
mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

try here......

linkety link
Old 12-12-2007, 12:51 AM   #20
mcramer
Kiwi reader

and the iliad it is......

http://dymocks.com.au/iliad/default.aspx

AUD 899 - ouch! don't feel so bad getting my sony when i was in the states last week......
Old 12-12-2007, 02:04 AM   #21
mcramer
Kiwi reader

and then i see that it's all over the news forum - d'oh!
Old 12-12-2007, 03:04 AM   #22
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcramer View Post
and then i see that it's all over the news forum - d'oh!
Yeah, but that just means you get to gloat everywhere. *cough-mongrel-cough*

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:48 PM   #23
mcramer
Kiwi reader

me gloat? unpossible!

the iliad is a much more funtional device than my sony but at 800 bucks (about a million NZ pesos) is too much.

my second choice would have definitely been the cybook - actually my first if the costs had been the same! i've spent years reading mobi books on my dell x50v and have never had problems...... let's just say that I am coming to grips with the sony and what works or doesn't with formatting
Old 12-13-2007, 05:29 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcramer View Post
the iliad is a much more funtional device than my sony...
As a bookreader? I wouldn't be so sure about that. I actually think that both the Sony and the CyBook are better fiction readers than the iLiad, due to the 45s boot-up time of the iLiad and the fact that the Mobi bookreader for the iLiad is currently the most "primitive" implementation of it with, for example, only a single font available.

The first of these restrictions probably can't be overcome; hopefully the second can be.

For reading fiction, however, I think that the Sony or Gen3 are better choices than the iLiad.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:29 PM   #25
mcramer
Kiwi reader

ok so "has many more functions" would be more proper

i am more than happy with my sony. all i do is read fiction and so far (a week on) it does that flawlessly........

the only problems i have is reading rtf's and obviously the character set isn't as populated as used in some basic fonts ("..." for example seems to have at least two different underlying ASCII? codes and often shows up as "[]d" )

all good fun learning though