Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-24-2010, 02:25 PM   #1
VanillaEps
Enthusiast
VanillaEps began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
PRS-505 Covers

I've had my 505 for about 3 years now and I still love it. However, the cover is looking a little worn and thought that I could get a replacement from Sony. However, Sony does not sell nor support the 505 any longer.

Can anyone recommend any sites or places I can obtain a cover for the 505?

Much appreciated....
VanillaEps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
That depends where you live. Here in Germany you can probably still get them at the book stores who sold the 505. They may still have them as the 505 was first introduced at the beginning of last year.

Otherwise, try ebay or go for a 3rd party cover. Some of them seem pretty functional, cool or otherwise good.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2010, 03:46 PM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
What kind of covers do you use? has some opinions from Sony owners. One of the posts I listed 6-8 sites that sell covers for the various Reader models. Being a 505 owner, you could use some cases that are sold for the 600.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
VanillaEps
Enthusiast
VanillaEps began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Will the Sony 600 covers work with the 505?
VanillaEps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:32 PM   #5
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Most of them should work. I previously owned a 505 and have used my 600 is some of the 505 cases and they fit. The dimensions are almost exact with the 600 being slightly thicker.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2010, 03:24 AM   #6
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
There have been posts in threads where peoples 505 cover used on 600s broke after some time. I tried myself, but wasn't brave enough to really snap the 505 cover on my 600. Instead I bought the regular sony cover.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:54 AM   #7
tonyfletcher46
tonyfletcher46 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Sony Reader Covers

I use an M-Edge cover which is very sturday and gives good protection for the screen. I think the cover for the 600 will fit the 505.
Hope this helps

Tony
tonyfletcher46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:48 AM   #8
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
I bought the TuffLuv cover for my 505 and it's been perfect, a tremendous improvement over the original Sony cover.
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:15 AM   #9
Pangolin
Pangolin
Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 2
I've just this morning received an Oberon cover - Avenue of Trees in discontinued taupe - and it is a real delight. Which is just as well since the Belgium customs charged me over 50% import tax. I'm still smarting!!
But, yes, the cover is lovely and feels very robust. Feels like it'll last for a very long time and just get nicer as time goes by - like all really good quality leather.
Took me two months to decide and I'm very happy with my choice.
Pangolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:37 PM   #10
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I'm using a 600 cover (a Sony made cover) on my 505 and it works fine.

here is the cover at bestbuy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+C...ouch&cp=1&lp=8

Last edited by John F; 03-26-2010 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Added detail
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:29 AM   #11
JanuaryF
Connoisseur
JanuaryF began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Red)
I have a M-edge Executive Jacket for a 700 on my 505, and it works great. It also helps that they are pretty cheap ($14.99 at the M-edge store, also on sale at Amazon.com)
JanuaryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:20 AM   #12
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
+1 for M-Edge Exec cover. It was perfect and classy on my 505.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:29 PM   #13
Sniperet
Sniperet began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I just got the Case Logic cover direct from their website for $19.99 + shipping which was cheaper than any place else I could find. Its for the 600 but my 505 fits perfectly.
Sniperet is offline   Reply With Quote