Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #16
causticmuse
Binge Reader
causticmuse doesn't littercausticmuse doesn't litter

Device: Treo 650, JetBook Lite, Asus eeePC 900a (Linux), Palm Pre
Here's a pic I took recently of my JBL next to my co-worker's Nook. The text isn't as clear as the sample in the post above, but I think it shows the colors of the screens more accurately.

causticmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #17
bob1xxx
Zealot
bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle k3 and k2 and White Aluratek Libre Pro
Ive got the Akuratek libre if anything the brighter the light the easier it is to read. If I had any issues it with dim lit reading late night in bed . I have to "angle" the reader right way to catch my night stands lite. Bright sun light it a great e reader.
bob1xxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2010, 09:21 AM   #18
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Exactly. Reflective LCD means the brighter the better.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:41 PM   #19
Ben0
Retired Field Engineer
Ben0 is on a distinguished road

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro, Ectaco JBL
I have both and they compliment each other!
Ben0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:23 PM   #20
Highroller
Zealot
Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Jetbook Lite, Slick Er-701
In fact I get LESS eyestrain reading the jetbook lite in bed with a bedside lamp than I do trying to read a paper book in the same fashion. The e-ink addicts keep saying their e-ink readers are "just as good as a paper book". Well for me the jetbook lite with its reflective lcd is BETTER than a paper book hence better than e-ink and it doesn't have the annoying huge delay on changing to next page the e-ink devices has. With 23 hours of battery life between battery changes I think its good enough in that fashion also. And yes it works wonderfully outside in sunlight.
Highroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #21
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
I'm sure this is redundant, but I am really doubtful that I could get used to the delay on the eInk readers. I'm a relatively fast reader, though not a speed reader. The pause is very noticeable to me - worse on the Nook, a bit better on the little Sony and the Kindle. But I prefer the sensation that I'm "scrolling" to the next page, rather than waiting for a page turn. I've always read on my PDA and the scrolling never bothered me.

I'm am looking forward to what comes next in eInk because I like the look of paper.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote