Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 07:11 AM   #1
vidgej
vidgej began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
.mobi doesn't increase/decrease font size

I converted some .lit ebooks to .mobi using calibre. I loaded them up in my Pocket Pro but the font size doesn't increase/decrease. What could be the problem?
vidgej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:09 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgej View Post
I converted some .lit ebooks to .mobi using calibre. I loaded them up in my Pocket Pro but the font size doesn't increase/decrease. What could be the problem?
The font size is hardcoded in the file itself. You may need to explode the file and change the content to not specify the font size.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 07:18 AM   #3
vidgej
vidgej began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The font size is hardcoded in the file itself. You may need to explode the file and change the content to not specify the font size.

Dale
Hi Dale! Thanks for your answer. However, considering the fact that I'm a newbie on Ebook readers or ebooks itself (including tech. words and jargon), please explain what "explode the file and change the content to not specify the font size" means. sorry for the inconvenience. thanks thanks thanks!
vidgej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgej View Post
Hi Dale! Thanks for your answer. However, considering the fact that I'm a newbie on Ebook readers or ebooks itself (including tech. words and jargon), please explain what "explode the file and change the content to not specify the font size" means. sorry for the inconvenience. thanks thanks thanks!
It isn't really easy. You need to convert the mobi file back to its source. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=168 and look over the stickies. These are perl scripts to manipulate mobi files but some are compiled for windows. Since you are really talking about mobi format which has nothing to do with Astak reader you will get better help if you move your questions over to the forum specifically designed to answer questions about mobi format. That is where the experts live.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decrease, font, increase, size