Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 06-14-2006, 09:43 PM   #1
vikingblade
vikingblade began at the beginning.

Format Conversion...

Concerning converting html, txt, lit, pdf to .IMP Ebookwise 1150 Format....

On my WinXP PC..
Using converlit... converted .lit ebook to .html
Using Save as Text feature in Adobe Reader... converted .pdf to .txt

Using EBookwise Librarian.. Ive managed to convert both these .html and .txt ebooks to Ebookwise 1150 .IMP Format.

These converted .imp ebooks successfully displayed on my pc using the Gemstar Ebook Viewer that came with the Ebookwise Librarian Program.

My question is.... Will these converted ebooks definately run ok on the ebookwise 1150?

Last edited by vikingblade; 06-14-2006 at 10:27 PM.
vikingblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 07:45 AM   #2
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Yes.
Anything that you see with Gemstar Ebook Viewer you see identically (scaled for size of course) on Ebookwise1150. If you use the librarian to export to memory card, it even splits the imp file for you on the card so you turn on Ebookwise, it tells you wait to arrange your library and in a minute you have everything ready to go. If you copy the imp files to the card by drag&drop, Ebookwise splits them for you, but it may take 5-10 minutes and then you are ready to go.

Liviu

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingblade
These converted .imp ebooks successfully displayed on my pc using the Gemstar Ebook Viewer that came with the Ebookwise Librarian Program.

My question is.... Will these converted ebooks definately run ok on the ebookwise 1150?
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2006, 04:41 AM   #3
vikingblade

THANKS...

Another issue... i now realize that the ebooks i sucessfully converted were not secure DRM Files. Will this be alot harder, or not work at all... HAS anyone here actually converted a Secure Encrypted .lit or .pdf ebook to .txt or .doc then to ebookwise .imp???

ALSO... Ive noticed the vast majority of ebooks i wish to purchase are available as Palm OS...EReader Format. Any Success at converting these to .imp?

thanks
Old 06-20-2006, 04:46 AM   #4
vikingblade

Is there any way at all, to run purchased secure .lit, .pdf or .pdb ebooks on the 1150?
Old 06-20-2006, 09:26 AM   #5
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Hi,

Under DCMA it is illegal to convert secure books and it may be illegal to even talk about how to do it (this being 1st amendment may be struck down in courts, but it has not been tested since in the case of the Princeton professor who was threatened with a lawsuit to stop publishing, the media companies backed down fast and his counter lawsuit was dismissed; the russian programmer who broke an earlier adobe encription was tried and acquited...)
So people stay clear of this, but you can google for info, check sites outside of DCMA jurisdiction and so on.
Personally I think that your purchased book, your right to read any way you want it (as long as you do not dump the files on p2p or irc), but....
Also there is an Yahoo group called Fictionwise with a lot of info about the Ebookwise1150, and lots of people including from Australia and other countries participate.

Liviu

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingblade
Is there any way at all, to run purchased secure .lit, .pdf or .pdb ebooks on the 1150?
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2006, 12:19 AM   #6
vikingblade

thnx... i understand. unfortunately, it is a real drag that an ebook i pay for cant be used by me any way i see fit. as long as im not selling or giving away... but, i guess they gotta control somehow. SO... then make one damn format, so all devices can read. i would be buying an ebookwise 1150 right now if it could read .pdb, .lit, .pdf. i mean .imp is good and all, but the fact is, all the new best seller stuff is really only gonna be on the secure formats. .pdb ereader seems to have the most available. then .lit microsoft reader. im being forced to puchase a PDA to read ebooks, because the dedicated ebook devices cant read the most popular ebook format!! does this make any sense??