Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-10-2009, 03:27 AM   #1
boredinbc
boredinbc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Pocket Pro VS EZ Reader

Hi all.

Best Buy will be carrying the 6" EZ Reader within the week, but has no plans on carrying the Pocket PRO...

What are your opinions of the devices compared to each other. It will retail here for 269CDN. I was originally attracted to the Pocket PRO for its form factor, the USB 2.0, and the fact that its not the last/original generation of the product.

Thanks

Daniel
boredinbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:22 AM   #2
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
I'd buy a pocket pro, I've just upgraded my 6" bebook to a pocket pro, And I love it, It's easier to hold and is faster than the larger version. The only thing better on the 6" one is the screen size which equals less page turns, But as you said the form factor is great on the pp.
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #3
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Bored, Astak will soon introduce its 6" Mentor Lite 2. Robertb says that they are already in the warehouse.

Rather than go with the old technology of the EZReader basic, I'm now planning on going with the Mentor Lite 2.

By the way, your can't be bored with the way the Lions game ended last night!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #4
boredinbc
boredinbc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Thanks Russel/Gargoyle

I had seen the thread with the new Mentor Lite specs/pics, and it would probably be my first choice. Thing is...

I usually dont buy things with getting a bit hands on with them first, the only options here in Victoria are the Sony PRS 300/600 and the EZ Reader(Which wont even be here for another few day). I find it a bit funny that Best Buy will just start carrying the Astak EZ Reader about the same time that its replacement hits the rest of the world...Canada is clearly ahead of the curve.

But I think if I decide to take a leap with Astak and order online Ill wait a short while and look at the reviews for the Mentor Lite 2.

Thanks again!
boredinbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:19 PM   #5
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Bored, Astak will soon introduce its 6" Mentor Lite 2. Robertb says that they are already in the warehouse.

Rather than go with the old technology of the EZReader basic, I'm now planning on going with the Mentor Lite 2.

By the way, your can't be bored with the way the Lions game ended last night!
Bleh. It don't exist until it does. If they had it on the website, I'd be interested. As it is though, bleh.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #6
suzymca
suzymca began at the beginning.

Device: astak pocket pro
bored, I was in the same boat as you, couldn't 'test drive' one!

I'm in Ontario, long story short: Got a Sony prs700 for my birthday in July and had never heard of readers. Returned it, did a lot of reader research, went and tested the sony new 300/600 batch (and the old ones), and came home and ordered the pocket pro (got it shipped to our US address). Was not impressed with the Sonys aside from pretty-ness...after all the reading on here and all the help, the pocket pro has since far exceeded those which I tested in the Sony store.

I have a first batch purple, which is being returned next time I'm in the states, and yes, customer service has been awesome about not locking me into a timeline for the return- Amy just said to email her next time I know I'll be heading south, and she'll email me a return UPS label A few glitches, but nothing I'm upset about considering it only cost me $226CAD total! I am in LOVE with it!!!
suzymca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:34 PM   #7
lynt666
Enthusiast
lynt666 began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredinbc View Post
Hi all.

Best Buy will be carrying the 6" EZ Reader within the week, but has no plans on carrying the Pocket PRO...

What are your opinions of the devices compared to each other. It will retail here for 269CDN. I was originally attracted to the Pocket PRO for its form factor, the USB 2.0, and the fact that its not the last/original generation of the product.

Thanks

Daniel
I am from canada & i purchase the pocket pro from astak it cost me 199+36$ship us (exchange rate at .9) & it cost me 32$ of tps-tvq handling fee. so if you get an approx total of 285$CAN for it if you take 269+tax you will actualy pay more at best buy....
lynt666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:12 PM   #8
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Best Buy of Canada selling 6 inch EZ Reader

Dear All:

To clarify, Best BUY of Canada is carrying the 6 inch EZ Reader very soon. This is still an outstanding device and they feel very good about it. Within a few months we hope we can get them to also sell the Pocket PRO.

We are presently planning talks with Best BUY USA to carry one or both. We cannot force them. They have to want to do it.

The Version 2, Mentor Lite with the Epson Controller and MP3 should be on our own website within two weeks. We would like to get Halloweeen out of the way due to the free classics promotion.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:13 PM   #9
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
The Version 2, Mentor Lite with the Epson Controller and MP3 should be on our own website within two weeks.
Robert, that's great news!

Will the Mentor Lite 2 be powered by a battery that can be purchased elsewhere?

Last edited by GA Russell; 10-16-2009 at 07:17 PM.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:29 AM   #10
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
The Version 2, Mentor Lite with the Epson Controller and MP3 should be on our own website within two weeks. We would like to get Halloweeen out of the way due to the free classics promotion.
That's exciting.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote