Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-01-2009, 03:24 PM   #1
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
BearMountainBooks blog, free stories and reviews

Vist the blog at www.BearMountainBooks.com for reviews, free short stories and all kinds of fun!

Couple of freebie stories on my blog:
The first is for the technophobe in your life. The second is just in case you're thinking of traveling with your parents--or your in-laws:
Tech Support: Two Engineers and a Mom
Two Engineers and a Dad

Edited: These freebies are send to kindle or read online. Several free stories--from myself or other authors can be found in the blog store. Misha Crews, Karen Cantwell, Margaret Lake. Some of the stories stay there long-term, some are taken down when the author requests it.

I do the free short stories and add to the collections about twice a year. There's ghost stories, love stories, fables--lots of fun stuff!

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 11-16-2014 at 11:36 AM. Reason: adding a new book
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Si! Welcome to the forum (check out our writer's area especially!) I'm off to take a gander at your short stories. And your SAGE sounds cool too!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Maria,

I cracked up reading your "Two Engineers and.." stories. They sound sooo like my own experiences with my parents.

Wait... why does it sound funny when it happens to someone else but is extremely frustrating and exhausting when it happens to me? Maybe, I should write those times down to be able to see them in a different light.

for sharing.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #4
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"Haunting Clues" is great too! Thanks. Good reads!
Old 09-02-2009, 07:46 AM   #5
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Dreams and Deb! Your kindness and welcome is very much appreciated!

Maria
(working on that signature thing today!)
Old 09-02-2009, 11:14 AM   #6
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Testing out the signature feature...especially since I don't think I did it correctly...

Maria

Edit: Looks like the links are there. Picture must have been too large. I can live with the links. They're unobtrusive.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:43 AM   #7
PennyPie
Cocoa & Toast...mmmmmm...
PennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone
Thanks & Welcome! Going right now to look/read your offerings!
PennyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:18 PM   #8
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

If you can, I suggest making the titles in the sig be blue -- so it's more obvious that they are a link. Otherwise, people may not notice!
Old 09-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #9
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Thanks Penny!

Ah, good idea. For some reason, I thought the blue would be automated...let's try this and see what happens.

Thanks!

Edit. Well, that did not work. Back to the profile...
Old 09-02-2009, 04:33 PM   #10
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Thanks!!! While I was there, I sort of figured out the pictures for the books as well. They aren't links though. I suspect I could get that working as well, if I uploaded the pictures again and...goofed with it more. Feel free (anyone and everyone) to let me know what you think!

Thanks everyone a ton for your help/suggestions. That blue does look a lot better.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #11
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Maria,

I cracked up reading your "Two Engineers and.." stories. They sound sooo like my own experiences with my parents.

Wait... why does it sound funny when it happens to someone else but is extremely frustrating and exhausting when it happens to me? Maybe, I should write those times down to be able to see them in a different light.

for sharing.
Sounds like my husband and I, but we're not your parents!

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #12
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Edited: This magazine no longer exists, but I have made the story free in my blog store. It's a free Send to Kindle or can be read online. It's also part of the Tracking Magic anthology.

The Town Drunk has a new issue out (I'm not in this one, but mine is listed above or you can find it here: Haunting Clues.

The reads are free:

The Town Drunk Magazine

I haven't read the issue yet, but the magazine excels in humor and fun so it will be part of my weekend reading!!! The magazine has remained one of my favorites.

I also wanted to mention that my "Sage: Tales from a Magical Kingdom" has a gardening theme for any gardeners out there. It never occurred to me to mention it before, but someone was asking about it (both kindle and Smashwords allow a partial download for sampling.) For those that love plants, the main character is a Master Gardener--with a number of the chores and triumphs involved with those little green sprouts!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 11-16-2014 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #13
Morlac
Connoisseur
Morlac doesn't litterMorlac doesn't litter

Device: Pocket Pro
Hi Maria--

Just read Haunting Clues and liked it -- I'm a big fan of that kind of fantasy detective, so you really hooked me,. Hope to see more. Meanwhile, I don't have a Kindle, so I signed up at Smashwords and bought Sage. Good luck with your writing career!

Oh, and you should really have some kind of authorial website in your signature as well. I find it especially helpful to bookmark independent authors and check their sites from time to time so I can keep up on their new or upcoming releases!
Morlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #14
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Morlac--

Your kind words are very much appreciated! I love that story; it's one of my favorites, I admit. I have three others with that character/setting. I plan to compile them all into a collection and upload that sometime early next year. (I have to prepare the artwork as well as finish the novel I'm working on for release next year.)

Thanks for your advice on the signature--done!!!

Maria
Old 09-07-2009, 07:16 PM   #15
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Edited:

The pricing of the original post no longer applies, but all of my books are available at various retailers (Kobo, Amazon, Barnes and Noble or my blog store. In my blog store, the formats are bundled into a zip so you get both mobi and epub with one purchase). Some of my books are on Google play, Apple and smashwords, but not all of them.

Here's a link:
http://www.bearmountainbooks.com/store

Maria

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 11-16-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Tags
cozy, fantasy, magic, mystery, short stories