Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-15-2009, 08:33 AM   #1
brontus
Enthusiast
brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, Kindle Fire, Aldiko on LG Optimus Elite
Cleaning screen

Okay, stupid question time.

What acceptable ways are there to clean the screen of my reader? And what's the best way?

2 cats and a dog mean that everything in my house CONSTANTLY needs to be wiped clean of pet hair. I should buy stock in Swiffer

ED
brontus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:39 AM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I've been using a microfibre cloth since May 2007, and the screen is as good as new. I use the cloth dry for light fingermarks, and very barely dampened with plain water, if the screen is more dirty.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2009, 08:46 AM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I use the little cloth that came with my iPod touch, works great. I don't know how well it'll get rid of hair though.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:22 AM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Walmart optical shop sells a big ol' spray bottle of lens cleaner. A spritz and wipe with a microfiber eyeglass cloth works great.

I'm very careful not to let liquid run to the edges and possibly into the reader.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I'm very careful not to let liquid run to the edges and possibly into the reader.
The recommendation when cleaning monitors and other electronic devices is to spray the eyeglass cleaner on the cloth, not on the device. This way, you don't have to worry about it dripping into cracks and causing problems.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2009, 10:34 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Please see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17982 as it is one of the original threads on how to clean the screen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:34 PM   #7
fry
fry began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I've been using a microfibre cloth since May 2007, and the screen is as good as new. I use the cloth dry for light fingermarks, and very barely dampened with plain water, if the screen is more dirty.
I use almost the same method: microfiber and klear screen solution/water/eyeglasses cleaner depending on the circumstances.
I also have a hair paintbbrush that I use for cleaning the edges and buttons of fine particles before using the microfiber. This is used only for dust on all my electronic devices' screens, buttons & keyboards.
Not having the dust forced into corners and crevices by the cloth means I don't have to wipe as much and it keeps the screens scratch free like nothing else.
I'm using the paintbrush once in a while, not every time I wipe the screen; the dust is distracting me and I'm tempted to wipe it with my fingers and that is not a good idea.
fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:38 PM   #8
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Microfiber cloth is the solution I have used for any screen (big and small) since ages.
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote